1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

******* - Conversation Live Update [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Brivium, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brivium

Brivium Well-Known Member

******* submitted a new resource:

******* - Conversation Live Update - This addon allows you create live conversations that auto display new replies without refresh.

Read more about this resource...

DRE likes this.
  2. LurkerLou

LurkerLou Active Member

Is this just for conversations or could this be used for live blogging?

3. Brivium

@LurkerLou Thiss only for live conversations.

4. LurkerLou

LurkerLou Active Member

@******* Thanks for the reply. I was hoping this was usable for a live blog type deal since there's nothing like that for Xenforo and you guys do such awesome work.

Brivium likes this.
  5. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

This add-on features a very simple implementation (which is good, because the less code, the less bugs) of reloading content automatically and works basically well.

However it lacks some advanced UI features like suppressing notifications, scrolling the new messages into the viewport automatically and disable pagination (and hide older messages). It just inserts new messages at the bottom of the page you are currently viewing in a conversation, no matter where you are (even at page 1 in a 4-page conversation) which may look odd to your users.

Also the "Max message" option is misleading.

However, if you want to offer your users "Live Conversation": this is it. Good job!

Alfa1 likes this.
  6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

@******* don't add any of that stuff HWS mentions or if you do let us turn it off! It's great the way it is! This addon is great because it's simple! Do one like this for threads too!

Brivium likes this.
  7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Sonnb live update doesnt work on my site thats why I said you should give it a site. A simple version just like this addon would be perfect. His live update had a ton of features, i only need one and thats live update with pagination that only members experience. Id donate for that.

8. Brivium

@DRE

Thanks for your interesting. We will develop a simple Thread Live Update as your request.

Regards.

BassMan and DRE like this.
  9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Thanks! I've tried to get sonnb's live thread addon to work for me again just now, disabled all my addons and used the basic xenforo theme and it still didn't work, so I'm hoping your addon ends up working since I can't get that one to work.

10. Brivium

11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Doesn't work well with Waindigo Install and Upgrade:

Callback *******_ConversationLiveUpdate_EventListeners_Listener::loadClassDatawriter is invalid (Invalid Method).

12. Brivium

We recommend you use default XenForo install & upgrade method.

13. zoldos

zoldos Well-Known Member

I installed this mod but I'm not seeing where to "turn it on/off" anywhere on the navbar or in member profiles. Help please!

14. Brivium

You should set permission can manage live update to see this.

Regards,

15. zoldos

zoldos Well-Known Member

It is set to "Allow" for all user groups....

16. zoldos

zoldos Well-Known Member

Okay I see it. Was looking in the wrong place. Thanks!! :D

17. zoldos

zoldos Well-Known Member

A simple suggestion, maybe add a link to enable/disable it in the user drop down menu on the navbar. :)

HWS likes this.
  18. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

KISS rules! :D
    Keep It Stupid and Simple.

19. OwenJames

OwenJames Active Member

Some pretty heavy bugs with this on my install;

-duplicates of messages appear live, which disappear when conversation is closed and reopened.
    -duplicates of messages appear in non-chronological order, so you get messages from a few stages back in the conversation appearing below what has just been happening.

This occurs on Windows and Mac, in Chrome (Mac), Safari (Mac) and IE (Windows)

20. zoldos

zoldos Well-Known Member

I'm also having a duplicate message bug. It just kept repeating, forcing me to disable the mod...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.