XF 1.3 Conversation error with imported users

slewis1972

Hi All

I have a site I am hoping to make live. I am the default admin (not imported), everything seems ok.

I imported users from joomla using jfusion. All ok, users can login, passwords work etc.

Now, if I try and start a conversation with one of the imported users, I get error:

XenForo_Model_User->passesPrivacyCheck() in XenForo/Model/Conversation.php at line 1166
XenForo_Model_Conversation->canStartConversationWithUser() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 493
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionAdd() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/lynefc7/public_html/forums/index.php at line 13

But if one of the imported users starts one, its fine and I can reply all ok. Imported users can start conversations with each other all ok.

Any ideas?

Scott

A permission setting shouldn't throw an error.

I suspect the importer you used has missed some data so you may encounter further errors until you get the database tables corrected.

Ok, think I fixed the underlying issue. The user profile table was not being populated on import. After populating it with all the user_id's, and resetting the Administrative group permission I know longer get the code.

Anyway, this leads me to another question. Is there any code that can make sure all the user fields are setup correctly and if not repopulate with defaults eg user_id?
Just be handy with any form of import

Top Bottom