Conversation Email Limiter

Conversation Email Limiter [Paid] 1.0.0

No permission to buy ($15.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
S

Syndol

Syndol submitted a new resource:

Conversation Email Limiter - Ensures that only one notification email, for new conversation messages, is sent out per unread conv

About:
  • This add-on ensures that only one notification email, for new conversation messages, is sent out per unread conversation.
  • This not only reduces the amount of emails sent out by your forum, but also helps in preventing annoying multiple notifications for busy conversations.
  • In addition, it is also a good way to get your members to log-in to your site in order to read all of their new conversation messages.
Once...

Read more about this resource...

@Syndol, I noticed this plugin is no longer available? I hope that's not the case, because I just wanted to let you know that this is probably the single most important plugin I have ever installed in my forum: it's saving me over $100 a month! I've been using it for well over a month now, I think it is something that should be very seriously considered by every large forum owner.

The plugin has cut my site's email volume in half, and has significantly reduced the amount of money I was spending with my email provider, SendGrid. Here's a graph of my email volume to show what I'm talking about...I don't think I need to tell you when I installed the plugin! :)

Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 8.15.53 PM.webp

The most incredible thing to see is that despite the dramatic drop in the volume of email sent by my forum, it had absolutely no impact on the number of emails opened and - most importantly - I saw no reduction in the number of people who clicked through to return to my site. Reaction from my users has been universally positive.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know how important this plugin is - and could be, to a lot of forum owners out there - and to say thank you! :D

@DeltaHF - thank you very much for sharing your results with us.
I'm glad this add-on is useful to your forum and its particularly interesting to know that your user base is not missing the multiple emails for the same unread conversation.
Thanks again for taking the time to share this info with us all.

Is there a way to limit the number of posts in an conversation? Lets says 10 people in the conversation and they keep on chatting privately until the conversation goes to 100,000+ posts which make server lagging.
We can not monitor or interfere with that since its an private conversation. So is there a way to limit the number of posts in an private conversation?

No. I also feel like that's out of the scope of this add on. I'd consider adding it to "conversation essentials" though.

Reactions: Max
Installed. Don't have a custom template on 1.5.4, but didn't get anything in Template Mods: "ensure that all Conversation Email Limiter modifications show up with a green '1', a grey '0', and a red '0' (1/0/0)."

There are no custom templates. There is only one template modification (if I recall correctly, it's been a while since I've looked at this add-on to be honest because it hasn't required any changes or updates). As long as it shows a green 1, 0 greys, and 0 reds, it should be functional. The template modification only does anything if you enabled the user option for this add-on.

Oh wait. It didn't show up when I typed "conv" into the filter. Cleared filter and just did a page search for it, and there it is. 1 - 0 - 0
Good to go. Thanks and sorry for the false report.

I haven't updated this add-on yet, so whatever version you have is still the latest.

@Xon what if I already purchase this from @Syndol ?
I don't have license on Daniel's site.
I don't have any of Syndol's licence information, so that makes it tricky for me todo any sort of validation.

Let me finish posting updates and an announcement thread and I'll think about what I can do.

Reactions: rdn
Don't know if it is possible but would be great if you don't recieve mails when online. When in active conversation you still have to remove a lot of mails.

Same for watched threads would be nice :p But that is something different.

Top Bottom