Resource icon

Conversation Email Limiter [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($15.00)

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Conversation Email Limiter - Limit conversation message notification emails to one per unread conversation.

About:
  • This add-on ensures that only one notification email, for new conversation messages, is sent out per unread conversation.
  • This not only reduces the amount of emails sent out by your forum, but also helps in preventing annoying multiple notifications for busy conversations.
  • In addition, it is also a good way to get your members to log-in to your site in order to read all of their new conversation messages.

Feature List:
  • No branding...

Read more about this resource...

The v2.1.0 version only applies it's limiting to conversations and doesn't stop push notifications from happening (and literially only works with XF2.1.0 as it hooks a new function _canUserReceiveEmailNotification and not _canUserReceivePushNotification.

Does the user have 'push on conversation' option enabled?

Hi @Xon - having the same problem as @rdn above.
With 2.1.0 I get neither an email nor a notification when a new conversation message is posted. Disable the addon and I get both.
My recipient user has the cel_limit set to 0. Push and email notifications enabled for new conversation messages,

As you say, the addon uses canUserReceiveEmailNotification, so shouldn't affect notifications, but it is doing.
The only thing which I thought might be causing it is if the notifyReply function is failing on the 'try' but as that's just a call to the parent function I can't see why that would happen. Something in the _getRecipientUsers maybe?

Thanks for the update, @Xon .
Unfortunately I still don't get emails for conversation messages after the first one with this installed, Individual Option allowed but with my user setting "Limit to one email per unread conversation.…" set to off.
The only thing I've not tried is uninstalling and reinstalling. Will that wipe the settings of any users who do have it enabled at the moment?

Also for the Admin settings for the add-on, the text says "This option is available via the Contact Details section of their Account page in the form of a checkbox named Limit to one email per unread conversation." - it's actually now Preferences in a section called Email Options, might have changed as I think there did used to be a section for Contact Details.

Is it true according following review from @RallyFan, that new different conversations doesn't send out an email? that would be bad for my requirement to buy this addon.

It's not that this addon is bad, it's that it actually works too well.

I've had to disable this on our forum as once a user gets an email stating they have an unread conversation message (which for some strange reason always arrive with the subject "New Conversation Started"), all other email conversation contact to that user ceases until they visit your forum (evne if its a different conversation).

This is apparently by design due to how the addon works.

i don't know what it is but i'm not even getting new pm emails in new pm's now. new signup emails that are supposed to be default from the system seem to be getting blocked also.

Top Bottom