Third party Continuous [SIZE] bb Code

Nysm

I was writing a series of tutorials on my page for advance users and I noticed that for every new line (or paragraph) it would appear in the HTML editor as
Code:
[SIZE=*]Sentence[/SIZE] *being the size i chose

Here is a picture of what I'm talking about

Issuethatnevergoesaway.webp

I've fixed it on my page however though.

But it appeared when I changed one sentence to Size 1 and then another to Size 3.

I also noticed this existed which may explain the problem in more detail.

Yeah I noticed that, I believe its that the editor is from a free open source and not programmed by XenForo but it's really messy and can mess up a huge amount of stuff such as what it did to my previous edit on my thread which added it to all my [*CODE] tag lines. Every line itself was tagged with [*SIZE]

(Added * to stop the BBCode)

The easiest thing is to switch to the plain text editor and that avoids any formatting issues.
Yeah I had to copy it all, and edit it completely in Notepad++ because no matter what I did in the editor it just kept adding more [*SIZE] codes so I had to delete it, edit it and paste it to fix it.

(It also happened when switching to the HTML edit tool too)

This happens with other tags too. I'm happy (how twisted is that) that I'm not alone who is bothered with the way the editor behaves :(

This happens with other tags too. I'm happy (how twisted is that) that I'm not alone who is bothered with the way the editor behaves :(
I like how it performs, 85% of the time. However, if you have a page that was centered, then a code box below it and more text below that, it will look just fine when you submit it for the first time. If you need to correct it, you're a bit stuck with redoing the entire code be inside the code box will have
codes. which makes it really ugly.​

I like how it performs, 85% of the time. However, if you have a page that was centered, then a code box below it and more text below that, it will look just fine when you submit it for the first time. If you need to correct it, you're a bit stuck with redoing the entire code be inside the code box will have
codes. which makes it really ugly.​

I usually have rich content with lots of bb codes. It's excactly how you described it. If you need to edit stuff, after you submitted the post the whole post gets messed up.

Top Bottom