1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Issue Continuous [SIZE] bb Code

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Nysm, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Nysm

Nysm Member

I was writing a series of tutorials on my page for advance users and I noticed that for every new line (or paragraph) it would appear in the HTML editor as
    Code:
    [SIZE=*]Sentence[/SIZE] *being the size i chose
    Here is a picture of what I'm talking about

Issuethatnevergoesaway.png

I've fixed it on my page however though.

But it appeared when I changed one sentence to Size 1 and then another to Size 3.

I also noticed this existed which may explain the problem in more detail.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This is how the editor functions.

It adds tags to each paragraph.

Vincent likes this.
  3. Nysm

Nysm Member

Yeah I noticed that, I believe its that the editor is from a free open source and not programmed by XenForo but it's really messy and can mess up a huge amount of stuff such as what it did to my previous edit on my thread which added it to all my [*CODE] tag lines. Every line itself was tagged with [*SIZE]

(Added * to stop the BBCode)

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The easiest thing is to switch to the plain text editor and that avoids any formatting issues.

5. Nysm

Nysm Member

Yeah I had to copy it all, and edit it completely in Notepad++ because no matter what I did in the editor it just kept adding more [*SIZE] codes so I had to delete it, edit it and paste it to fix it.

(It also happened when switching to the HTML edit tool too)

6. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

This happens with other tags too. I'm happy (how twisted is that) that I'm not alone who is bothered with the way the editor behaves :(

7. Decent60

Decent60 Well-Known Member

I like how it performs, 85% of the time. However, if you have a page that was centered, then a code box below it and more text below that, it will look just fine when you submit it for the first time. If you need to correct it, you're a bit stuck with redoing the entire code be inside the code box will have
    codes. which makes it really ugly.​

yavuz likes this.
  8. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

I usually have rich content with lots of bb codes. It's excactly how you described it. If you need to edit stuff, after you submitted the post the whole post gets messed up.