Contest for the newly open forum?

Jericho M

Hello Guys!

My forum is 1 month old now and had a 44 members. Seems like it has a very slow growth. Can anyone suggest me a contest that can increase member?

Thank you!

A gift card of some sort? I would suggest Amazon but I don't think Amazon operate in the Philippines.

A gift card of some sort? I would suggest Amazon but I don't think Amazon operate in the Philippines.

This is a good contest but Amazon is not shipping products in the Philippines. I don't think my members would be interested on this. Any suggestion?

Could you contact some local running-shoe companies and perhaps get a discount for your members? Or better still a giveaway?

Last year we gave away a Black & Decker Steam Mop every month - it was a fun project, I coded it in Rails and we got thousands of entries.

So, I'm just going to point you over to a resource that I am having made. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/paid-product-giveaway-resource.66580/

We found a dev who has started work on it, please PM me if you want to contribute to the project and get access to the resource when its done.

I've worked with another forum that does this in an incredibly manual way, but it's a HUGE draw for their forums.

Working with local companies to make sure everyone benefits. (They can send an email to their clients promoting it, you can share your clients with them, you get exposure, they get exposure, all in all, very cheap)

Interesting idea. I wonder if the contest type format might run against gaming laws in some counties or States in the US.

Our giveaway was sort of similar, but a lot easier to enter - everyone got a weekly entry (random number - by clicking enter via their profile) but there would be bonus entries a few times a week too (with conditions, e.g., post on the forum today) it kept people coming back and the brand in mind throughout the whole year (we gave one away per month). It was a fun project - I coded it in Rails and put it in a sub domain.

If it's local /city based forum ...Get some gift cards from few different vendors that people can go shop with .

Top Bottom