XF 1.5 Content edit history has been removed.

jpishgar

Does anyone know what causes this error to occur? I'm trying to find the edit history of a user's post.

The following error occurred:
This content edit history has been removed.

Use the control panel search for "editHistory". Full edit history is only kept for a specific number of days. You won't be able to restore it retroactively though (short of a backup).

Know why what happened exactly? The default value of that option does not keep the logs perpetually, so presumably this predates the changing of the option to maintain these logs indefinitely.

When we originally set up our forum we set the edithistory value to 0 which supposedly does save logs indefinitely. I'm wondering why the content of this thread was removed even though it should have saved.

To be honest, I can't really be sure. I've checked the code and the pruning logic looks correct. The only thing there that comes to mind is that the option was set differently at some time in the past.

That message is only returned if we get no edit history records for a piece of content. Normally I'd have to assume that it has been pruned, but the only other thing that comes to mind is whether an add-on has somehow prevented it from being inserted (but still triggering the edit count changes), though I haven't heard of that before.

Do other posts edited around that time have their history? (What about more recent posts? Try looking for one that was edited at least a few days ago, as the edit log pruning is done daily.)

Top Bottom