XF 2.1 Content bookmarks and the return of per-post share controls

Ahh, it seems like only yesterday (as I write this, it was!) we were talking about the fifth in our HYS series for XF 2.1, and already we're onto the sixth, so welcome! In case you've not yet seen the previous entries, (why not?!) you can check them out here.

As ever, to ensure you're kept up to date, we strongly recommend giving that "Watch forum" link a tickle and make sure you enable email notifications if you haven't done so already 🙂

I like it (though wonder if it's configurable for anyone who prefers the existing online indicator or something else).

You could play with it lots via extra.less , like this for example..

CSS:
.message-avatar-wrapper .message-avatar-online:before {
    font-family: 'Font Awesome 5 Pro';
    font-size: inherit;
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: 400;
    text-rendering: auto;
    -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
    -moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale;
    content: "\f111";
    line-height: 1;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #7fb900;
    border-radius: 50%;
    border: none !important;
    display: inline-block;
    transition: transform 0.2s, opacity 0.2s;
    animation: pulsing 2s infinite;
}

@keyframes pulsing {
  0% {
    transform: scale(1);
    opacity: 1;
  }
  50% {
    transform: scale(2);
    opacity: 0;
  }
  100% {
    transform: scale(1);
    opacity: 0;
  }
}

..which gives it a solid green pulsing icon instead...but you could change it more.

You would need to ask in the add-on thread.
Good point, thanks Brogan. I checked and Xon did address this in this post, in case any others jump in this thread wondering:

@Chris D Would it be possible to update this post
To show how Bookmarks can now be accessed?

show how Bookmarks can now be accessed?
So how is content you've bookmarked accessed?

localhost_21x_index.php_threads_unapprove-me.2_page-2 (3).png

Slightly redesigned account navigation!
Your bookmarks are available no matter where you are on the forum. Simply click the bookmark icon to see a list of your bookmarks:

I think this is an indication. However it might need some tweaking as you click on your name (or avatar) and select "Bookmarks" in the tab next to "Your account"

@SeToY My point was that the first post was no longer correct as the location of bookmarks had been changed and I was cheekily hoping the post would be updated so I could use it on my forum but I have made my own version now, which is waht I should have done in the first place.

I was just a little frustrated that I had to read through 7 pages of posts to find that the first post showing how to use bookmarks was outdated.

Just updated. Nice you directly can share posts, but for example at twitter there is still no pre-view of Fotos from this post for example. Is this possible some how? :unsure:

twitter-pich5k36.png

Initially we're supporting the following content types:
  • Threads
  • Media items (requires XFMG 2.1)
  • Albums (requires XFMG 2.1)
  • Resources (requires XFRM 2.1)
  • Resource updates (requires XFRM 2.1)
OK, I must be missing something obvious, but how do you bookmark a thread, please?

This feature is excellent, even though I'm not a Xenforo user I've used it several times to save about plugins and some topics.

It would be interesting if it were possible to make a private note about the members and all the content in general including categories and other resources, for example I'm in New posts, it would be nice to save it somewhere prominent for easy access for example.

I find it curious how other systems still don't have this feature, I consider it basically mandatory, it improves usability a lot, we don't need to use something external to save certain notes linked to community content.

Last edited:
Top Bottom