Add-on Contact us to PC

Joeychgo

I had this on my vB forums and it worked out very well.

When a logged in member clicks the Contact Us link, he's taken to a new PC page to send me a PC, instead of the normal Contact us (email)

Can someone make this please?

That's probably doable with a rather simple template conditional by editing the template to be fair.

The link to start a conversation with a specific person is:

https://xenforo.com/community/conversations/add?to=Joeychgo

In vb I had a conditional with an else statement. Yes, as I said, logged in members would be taken to a PC to me. Non logged in members would use the normal contact us

This is it specifically.

Find "footer" template:
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'misc/contact'}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>

Replace with:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'conversations/add', '', 'to=Joeychgo'}">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
<xen:else />
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'misc/contact'}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
</xen:if>

Thanks @Chris D

Code:

Mine says:

Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'misc/contact'}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}"><xen:if is="@xb_footer_fa"><i class="fa fa-envelope-o fa-fw"></i> </xen:if><span>{xen:phrase contact_us}</span></a></li>

Indeed - you may need to adjust it accordingly to match your style.

Basically start with the same contact us list item in both the if and else statement, but for the if statement change the href accordingly and remove the class and data-overlayOptions.

Top Bottom