1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Contact us to PC

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by Joeychgo, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Well-Known Member

I had this on my vB forums and it worked out very well.

When a logged in member clicks the Contact Us link, he's taken to a new PC page to send me a PC, instead of the normal Contact us (email)

Can someone make this please?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's probably doable with a rather simple template conditional by editing the template to be fair.

The link to start a conversation with a specific person is:

https://xenforo.com/community/conversations/add?to=Joeychgo

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

upload_2015-9-1_14-40-12.png

Unless you want it for logged in members only, in which case it would need to be a template edit and xen:if.

Robru and Chris D like this.
  4. Joeychgo

In vb I had a conditional with an else statement. Yes, as I said, logged in members would be taken to a PC to me. Non logged in members would use the normal contact us

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Conditional statements are explained here: Conditional Statements

How to identify templates and elements is all explained in this set of guides: How To...

6. Chris D

This is it specifically.

Find "footer" template:
    Code:
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'misc/contact'}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
    Replace with:
    Code:
    <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
        <li><a href="{xen:link 'conversations/add', '', 'to=Joeychgo'}">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
    <xen:else />
        <li><a href="{xen:link 'misc/contact'}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
    </xen:if>

7. Joeychgo

Thanks @Chris D

Code:
    Mine says:

Code:
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'misc/contact'}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}"><xen:if is="@xb_footer_fa"><i class="fa fa-envelope-o fa-fw"></i> </xen:if><span>{xen:phrase contact_us}</span></a></li>

8. Chris D

Indeed - you may need to adjust it accordingly to match your style.

Basically start with the same contact us list item in both the if and else statement, but for the if statement change the href accordingly and remove the class and data-overlayOptions.