Contact Us Thread

Contact Us Thread 1.3.0

No permission to download
After upgrading to 1.0.5 the addon stopped working. There are no threads created anymore :(

I just installed this add-on, but when I tested it no new thread was created after using the contact us form. Is this dependant on a cron job or anything? If not, how long after you receive the email is the thread typically created?

FWIW, I chose a private forum (i.e. Admin only), but I didn't see any kind of permission settings for this add-on. Did I overlook something?

It doesn't have any permissions, you just configure which forum it should post to. and I use this add-on expensively myself.

The thread should be created just after to email is dispatched.

:confused: Hmm, not sure what's up then. I chose the target forum, as you indicated above…

Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 10.53.04 PM.webp

And the email was dispatched from Xenforo as it normally is…
Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 10.54.42 PMa.webp

I was just thinking I must have missed something. So assuming the latest update (v1.0.6) has the boolean fix you referred to above, not sure why a new contact-us thread wasn't created.

Last edited:
I just found the issue. After looking at my other add-ons, I noticed @AndyB's IP in Contact Email add-on and disabled it. Tested yours with another contact-us attempt and the new thread was created immediately! :cool:

EDIT: My error in referencing AndyB, instead of SneakyDave. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: Xon
Just re-downloaded and installed the latest version, then re-enabled SneakyDave's IP in Contact Email add-on. Tested it out with a new contact-us attempt and it ALL worked perfectly together! (y)

Reactions: Xon
Thanks for this @Xon, simple and easy :), couple things... any idea why it's adding br's?

Screenshot_11.webp

Screenshot_10.webp

The spacing is bugging me :D

Screenshot_12.webp

Also feature request... option to disable the email that gets sent out by default if it's posted to a thread.

@Russ it adds some [plain][/plain] arround the user's input to prevent tracker image injection and such.

I've add your feature request to the github page, but I'm unsure when I'll have time to revisit this add-on as it works for me and I'm quite busy.

@Russ it adds some [plain][/plain] arround the user's input to prevent tracker image injection and such.

I've add your feature request to the github page, but I'm unsure when I'll have time to revisit this add-on as it works for me and I'm quite busy.

Cool, no big deal :) thanks for the great work.

Top Bottom