• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Not a bug  Contact us email will not change

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Even after going in via ACP and changing the contact us email, it still shows up as the first entered mail if a user clicks the contact us link.

R

ragtek

You don't see the contact us email address in the form!
Do you mean this: contact.PNG
that's the mail from the user (sender)^^
So maybe you're confused a little bit, because you used the mail for the contactform and for registration and after you changed it you think now that's the contact form reciver.

anotheralias

I made the same mistake Slavik - thought "why in the holy hell would they make my email addy public?" and was all set to come here and gripe about it, and then it dawned on me. :D

Dominion

Sorry about dragging up another old thread, but I just made the same mistake as everyone else.

Instead of hiding the address field as ragtek suggests, perhaps the first two fields could be renamed as follows:
  • Sender's name:
  • Sender's email address:
A less stiff-sounding option would be:
  • Your name:
  • Your email address:
Either would make it clear what's happening in this dialog. (My Japanese translation perforce does something like the latter, as the word for "name" takes a formal prefix when referring to the name of the person being addressed.)

This is not a priority issue, but a minor tweak might help alleviate some confusion.