XF 1.4 Contact form spam

Mr Lucky

All of a sudden I am getting contact form spam - it has never happened before. I presume this is human spam as the captcha Q & A has (touch wood) stopped almost all forum spam.

So I presume there is nothing really I can do about it, or is there?

Thanks

No, there's not much you can do about it as the contact form also has captcha enabled.

Some people block certain countries or IP ranges at the server level, but that's quite extreme and will affect all visitors from those countries or using those IP addresses, spammers or not.

Some people block certain countries or IP ranges at the server level, but that's quite extreme and will affect all visitors from those countries or using those IP addresses, spammers or not.

Best to block by as name if you don't mind shutting out some VPN users and employees inside data centers. But not really an option on the contact form.

One thought is grab waindigos contact us form and set the default to Spam and then give it a spam email. Make real categories and see if all the spam and a few people not paying attention go to the email you set as spam. Not fool proof but it would weed out a bit.

How about if there is a way to limit the number of characters? The current one I am getting is quite a long list of URLs

Or disable hyperlinks - is that possible? Then so the spamer knows it's pointless I would put on the form (contact_us phrase) that no links get through.

Top Bottom