Contact form should respect Banned Emails list

cwe

So I just finished migrating my site from vB 3.8 to XF. We went live with the DNS switch yesterday. This morning, I have seven emails from the contact form inviting me to explore a world of sexy photo galleries, russian brides, etc.

I have a captcha in place, but apparently humans are dedicated to spamming XF contact forms or they figured a way to trigger the script that bypasses the captcha.

What I noticed though is that most of the emails I received this morning are from email domains that I have included in my Banned Emails list.

For example, I have *@mail.ru and *@yandex.ru in my banned emails list. Two of the contact form emails I received this morning were from those domains.

Suggestion: Disallow the contact form from sending emails from addresses that are covered by the Banned Emails list. I don't want them registering and posting spam in the forums. I also don't want them sending me spam directly.

Upvote 17
I needed this feature as soon as possible because I am getting lots of inappropriate emails per day I needed something that's prevent the email showing. We are the gaming community that's not lough on our forum or any of website
have seven emails from the contact form inviting me to explore a world of sexy photo galleries, russian brides, etc.

You might find this addon useful,

You might find this addon useful,
thank you but I don't thing this will meet our requirements that's will prevent inappropriate email

Well that is exactly what the addon was designed to do, stop the spam emails bots generated via the contact us form.

Well that is exactly what the addon was designed to do, stop the spam emails bots generated via the contact us form.

Even if I can purchased from your website I won't be able to purchased because you have ban us your website developer because of pracy I have made a huge mistake shouldn't do that. Is there way I can send $200 dollars for the domage if postlible.

humans are dedicated to spamming XF contact forms or they figured a way to trigger the script that bypasses the captcha.
It's not humans. It's automated. It's xRumer connected to one or more botnets. Captchas aren't a hinderance to them.

Top Bottom