XF 1.5 Contact Form Not Working - Loading Icon Not Disappearing

System0

I upgraded to XF 1.5 and then noticed that the in-built contact form is not working correctly.

When I try and send a message, it does not send. The loading animation is displayed for a long time and then eventually the contact form pop up disappears.

What do you think could be causing this?

Kevin

Hi Brogan.

I quickly switched to the default style and the issue still appears to be there.

I'm using an external email service to send emails, but I don't think that is the issue here as those settings have remained unchanged for more than a year.

Which site is it happening on?

I just checked the sites listed in your customer area and they all worked for me.

Try force clearing your browser cache - CTRL+F5.
It could be that as you have just updated.

I paused CloudFlare. When I do that it states that "Web traffic to this website is no longer receiving performance and security benefits. CloudFlare continues to resolve the DNS. You can reactivate CloudFlare for this website at anytime."

Nothing has changed as a result of it.

Are you having any issues with anything else that sends emails? (For example, lost password requests.) What sort of external service are you using?

There isn't a lot going on beyond the email sending stuff. It seems to handle the CAPTCHA validation, so I assume it's failing after that. I suppose it could be something getting confused on the server. Do you have the ability to restart the web server/PHP-FPM? If so, I would try that.

OK. I can restart the server.

With regards to sending mail, I have some problems. Some new members are reporting that they are not getting their activation email. However, others are registering a new account with no problem and when I tested this myself, I received the activation email.

Thanks for your help. I spoke to my host about this and they said their firewall was stopping it from working. I didn't think the problem could lie with them as it was working previously. Looks like they changed some settings without my knowledge.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom