Lack of interest Consider rendering more XF BB codes in rich text editor

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

frm

Right now, if I were to type
in the rich editor, then toggle BB code and then back to rich, the QUOTE would render pretty.

1599998836631.png

However, other built in BB codes that ship with XF don't natively do this.
PHP:
echo $hello . ' world';
I would consider expanding to [CODE], [ICODE], etc...

1599998927740.webp

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
????

I don't understand whjat you're trying to say here, @frm
Type [QUOTE]This is a quote[/QUOTE] in the rich text editor.

Then toggle BB code 1600009170002.pngand then toggle it back to rich editor.

The quote will turn into a fancy quote in the rich editor.

Other native BB code such as [CODE], [ICODE], etc... do not do this. If I type [ICODE]This is inline code[ /ICODE] in the rich editor and toggle back/forth, it should render like the QUOTE tag does, as well as other built in BB codes other than QUOTE.

Haha. Personally I am having quite annoying experience with rendered quotes in post editor on 2.2 forcing me to use the bbcode editor a lot more than before. I am also seeing a lot more messed up quotes on my forum with sometimes post content also getting included in the quote box. I imagine my forum members are also struggling with it.

Haha. Personally I am having quite annoying experience with rendered quotes in post editor on 2.2 forcing me to use the bbcode editor a lot more than before. I am also seeing a lot more messed up quotes on my forum with sometimes post content also getting included in the quote box. I imagine my forum members are also struggling with it.

The problem was that the focus when quoting a post remained inside the quote.

That seems to have been fixed in the current version being used here.

Could be perhaps my QUOTE bug post or that people take a post and click the backspace button after a post, editing the quote if that's all that's left... I.e.:
Haha. Personally I am having quite annoying experience with rendered quotes in post editor on 2.2 forcing me to use the bbcode editor a lot more than before. I am also seeing a lot more messed up quotes on my forum with sometimes post content also getting included in the quote box. I imagine my forum members are a
(Inserted quote again and clicked backspace which enters the quote and backspace to delete some)

While rendering the QUOTE tag is not yet perfect, it could use some more core BB codes to render in the future.

Top Bottom