Consider ignoring board URL checks if clearly a local IP address

Snog

I assume this can be ignored since it is on my development server which is not accessible from the internet....

If you need more info, I'd be happy to provide it by PC. ;)

Thanks. I thought I read that somewhere, but I wanted to be sure since I have multiple development servers for different purposes. None of them are accessible from the internet, just on my private network.

As a bit of a pro tip, if your development board URLs use a TLD of .dev, .test, .local or .localhost then it should bypass the check.
I'll keep that in mind. But for now they use the internal IP address for a virtual machine. IE: http://192.168.32.39, http://192.168.32.40

If you only access them from one or few machines internally then the best way to do it is just a simple hosts file entry.

I know, but I'm too lazy to do that on my computer. It's easy for me to remember which IP is which. ;)

It is a fairly significant change, especially when you can just ignore the message.

That said, if your board URL is essentially a class C IP address that is essentially unroutable then maybe we can address that.

I’ll move this to bugs to see if we can handle that.

This is something we have changed on the API end, so the next time you do an upgrade check the board URL should be accepted.

The board URL warning is just a warning. It doesn't prevent you from using one click upgrades.

This is something we have changed on the API end, so the next time you do an upgrade check the board URL should be accepted.
Hmm, this does not seem to be working.

We do have a Dev-Installation at a domain that has an A-Record of 192.168.178.X, though even after re-checking it displays that he URL is invalid.

We're not doing DNS lookups. We have specific exceptions for raw IP access and a few other obviously local setups. If you're doing something like local.example.com that just resolves to a local IP, we won't detect that.

That what I assumed was meant. Yeah we only check the host portion of the board URL value as is.

Top Bottom