XF 2.1 connecting with Facebook error

TheDJBrettHaley

Hiya, i keep getting an erorr when trying to get members go register or myself login with Facebook.. it says There is no valid connected account request available. Please try again. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Kind of urgent!

Thanks

Brett

What is the result when testing the provider in the ACP: admin.php?connected-accounts/

Presumably you have gone through the steps listed here - https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/manual/connected-accounts/#facebook ?

(I'm not sure whether the instructions are entirely up to date - the providers are continually changing their apps and processes.)
Followed all the manual to get it.
I get the exact same message Brogan, stating this..

There is no valid connected account request available. Please try again.

It's either this error or if i try again i then get this error..

URL blocked: This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not white-listed in the app's client OAuth settings. Make sure that the client and web OAuth logins are on and add all your app domains as valid OAuth redirect URIs.*

Please help if possible, i am ripping my hair out trying to fix it!

Thanks so much.

Brett

Sometimes the login now works but if i log out and wait a few minutes or more i try re login and still get this message There is no valid connected account request available. Please try again.

Seems i've fixed the problem for now, but when i have tried on an iPhone (safari) it gives me that same error... That's trying to login with either Facebook, or Twitter!? Very strange

After many more tests today.. I managed to get all socials working including.. Facebook, Twitter, Google & Linkedin.. It worked flawlessly for a few hours then i get brought back to the same message There is no valid connected account request available. Please try again. Any ideas what this could be!? Please help if you have any instructions on what is causing this and a fix. Thanks so much. Brett

Top Bottom