Connect with WordPress is Possible?

sujatha90

Hello friends,

I have a website using wordpress. Now i want to create a Forum for my website. I have found XenForo is the best one for create forums.

I want to connect XenForo with WordPress. Wordpress is best for blog and XenForo is best for Forum. This is the reason why i want to connect both applications.

My Requirement is both XenForo & WordPress will use the same user database. User can access both sites using same login detail.

Please help me to do this.

My WordPress Site : https://tamilrockerss.co.in/

Thanks.

Alfa1

You can vote for this functionality here:

Alfa1

The above is a very popular suggestion to implement single sign on in core XenForo so that you can connect the xenforo userbase and login to another install. WordPress for example.

XPress is a third party addon which forces you to use a Themehouse style.

mcatze

You can use every style you want. It just fits perfect with themehouse and default. All other styles has to be customized.

dknife

This will not do what you want if your main site is WordPress with the Xenforo forum as a secondary "support" forum. It only works where Xenforo is the primary site. All users have to register at the forum first.
IMO you want the user authentication and security handling to be done by XenForo, not by Wordpress.

djbaxter

IMO you want the user authentication and security handling to be done by XenForo, not by Wordpress.
Read what I wrote above.

You do NOT want this if your main site is WordPress, especially if it's subscription-based, and you are adding Xenforo as a support forum for the main site.

Muchacha

Could anyone give an idea how many hours it could take to customise and integrate Xenforo with WordPress and Wiki? Assuming Xenforo would have in it a few subforums running? Just an order of magnitude pls :)

gamalaptop

I will also learn to do this. My Wordpress website is available, the operation is also okay. Now need to add a forum to discuss and exchange!