Confused mind

OverHere

Greetings to All,

I am really very confused. My finance related forum is growing slowly but surely. I have customised it with a different skin and several add-ons installed and operational. But i am wondering now... would it be better all round, for greater growth and otherwise, such as loading speed etc., if I were to revert the forum back to 100% default XenForo style?

Basically, would my forum be better served generally across the board if it was just like the XF forum in style and features, with no customisation and no additional add-ons?

What do you good people say?

Regards to All

Last edited:
I think the style makes little difference, unless yours is so heavily modified it is hard to navigate.

Have you asked your members if they like your current style?

You could try enabling the default style (with maybe a few minor modifications like adding your logo) along with your modified style just to see what your members think.

You might just be in a niche where there are many other options out there and nothing makes your forum unique.

One minor suggestion, just for here, but please use the default font color -- your "all blue" post is hard to read.

I think the style makes little difference, unless yours is so heavily modified it is hard to navigate.

Have you asked your members if they like your current style?

You could try enabling the default style (with maybe a few minor modifications like adding your logo) along with your modified style just to see what your members think.

You might just be in a niche where there are many other options out there and nothing makes your forum unique.

One minor suggestion, just for here, but please use the default font color -- your "all blue" post is hard to read.

Thank you, a great insight.

It's two things really - what brings people to your site, and what compels them to sign up and start posting.

Fancy styling doesn't help with either of those. Neither do bells and whistles, add-ons.

Ask yourself what compels YOU to visit, then sign up and start posting, with sites you encounter.

Substance. Not style.

Top Bottom