ahmedlone

hi
i am new to this xenforo
i have a problem in my new site
user confirmation email not been sending
all other works user recive email from admin notifications etc
i m using default method
i see this error in server log

Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Unable to send mail. mail() [<a href='function.mail'>function.mail</a>]: Bad parameters to mail() function, mail not sent. - library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php:137

i am using default mail transport

here is stack trace

#0 /home/content/18/8757918/html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_sendMail()
#1 /home/content/18/8757918/html/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#2 /home/content/18/8757918/html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(170): Zend_Mail->send()
#3 /home/content/18/8757918/html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(145): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /home/content/18/8757918/html/library/XenForo/Model/UserConfirmation.php(124): XenForo_Mail->send('king_lone@yahoo...', 'ahmedLone')
#5 /home/content/18/8757918/html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/AccountConfirmation.php(98): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendEmailConfirmation(Array)
#6 /home/content/18/8757918/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_AccountConfirmation->actionResend()
#7 /home/content/18/8757918/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home/content/18/8757918/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}

As other emails are being sent and received, then that indicates the board settings are correct.

You will need to contact your host about this error as it indicates an issue with the PHP sendmail program.

What language does your forum use?

After reading Mike's link this appears to be a server problem in which case you should contact Godaddy. People in that thread have also posted some ways to avoid the error. Suggestions include:

1) Remove variables from the subject line. This one doesn't make sense to me.

2) Remove non-English characters from the subject line.

3) Limit the subject to 40 characters for non-English languages.

So to avoid the error you need to edit the email subject phrases:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Search Phrases

Search for phrases containing "_subject", as well as this specific phrase:

reply_to_watched_thread_x

That covers all email subjects.

Top Bottom