1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confirm email field

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by yoghurtfarmer, Nov 7, 2010.

1. yoghurtfarmer

yoghurtfarmer Well-Known Member

I think a confirm email field during registration would be beneficial for decreasing the number of typos in emails for new user sign ups.

lazy llama, markku, Ketola and 7 others like this.
  2. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

it happened on my webseite that some people Sign-up, but they put a typo in their e-mail-address which they enter during the registration-process.

Is it possible to have one more e-mail-field ("Confirm e-mail") for the Registration-Form?
    So that users have to enter their e-mail-address twice and give them an error-message in case they have a typo in their e-mail-address when they sign up?

Many thanks!

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I presume this is intended to be a suggestion.

I have therefore moved it to the appropriate forum.

4. erich37

Hi Brogan,

yes, it is a suggestion when it is not yet possible to add one more field for the user to confirm his e-mail.

I am actually wondering why we do have 2 fields for the Password but only one field for the e-mail-address on the XF-registration-form ?

Looking at Facebook for example, they do have 2 fields for the e-mail-address and only one field for the password.

Not sure what is common, but I see this happening couple times that my users put a typo in their e-mail-address when signing up.

5. yoghurtfarmer

yoghurtfarmer Well-Known Member

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Merged.

7. erich37

I see this quite often that users are having a typo in their E-mail-address during registration.
    Is there a way to add another E-mail-field, so it checks that user is typing his E-mail correctly ?

8. Wysie

Wysie Member

This would be very useful, definitely worth adding into the next update. I have the same issue, users make a mistake in their email and cannot message a member of staff as they are a part of the Unregistered/Uncofirmed permissions.

Anybody have a template edit to add this?

9. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

+1

I support this idea. The system already confirms if the passwords match. We may as well have the e-mails checked as well.

Wysie likes this.
  10. lazy llama

lazy llama Well-Known Member

I'd like to say that this would be a really good idea.

I currently get quite a number of bounced emails where someone has typoed their email on the registration page. They'll even request a resend of their confirmation, which bounces in the same manner.

Sometimes I can guess the correct address but making them enter it manually twice would reduce the incidence of frustrated would-be forum members.