XF 2.2 Can I add a message bellow the email field on registration form?

brunoa

Is it possible to add a line of text in this position, bellow the email field on user registration form?

I'd like to warn users about certain domains that usually block registration (yahoo, etc).

Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 18.24.16.webp

It can be achieved very simply with a template edit.

A paid add-on is not required.

I am not in my office now so can't give you the details but I will tomorrow, unless someone else does so before then.

Add-ons are cool but template edit is cool too for those who wants to learn, and because if every time you want to do a simple template edit, you install a third party add-on and you quickly end up with dozens and dozens for not much.

Add-ons are cool but template edit is cool too for those who wants to learn, and because if every time you want to do a simple template edit, you install a third party add-on and you quickly end up with dozens and dozens for not much.
Agreed... but how many template edits carry over to the next cleanly? One really has to remember what each specific one is for.
I REALLY wish there was a way in the ACP for templates to document modifications one makes directly. I'd make a suggestion for it... but it would probably be another one that sat out there for a decade or was marked "lack of interest". I've pretty much quit making suggestions for the XF script.

You can use <xf:comment>...</xf:comment> tags.
Much cleaner if there was an ability to document any changes made. It can already track that the template has been modified.... why should one have to dig though the entire template to find a comment (which is not highlighted to begin with).
Documentation on changes and similar are severely lacking in the ACP of XF... other paid scripts do have the ability to document data in the ACP.
It is a weakness in the ACP that I have noticed for several years, especially after utilizing IPS on a site. But once more... since many suggestions are either ignored or dismissed as lack of interest... I simply refuse to take the time to make them. I have notebooks that I use to hand write information in, and it works well for me.

Either you can use <xf:comment> tags (easily found with a simple CTRL + f in the template) or use <!-- --> which are very easily identifiable in the code:

Capture web_3-3-2023_95529_xenforo.fr.webp

And on the styles page you can easily see all the elements (options and templates) that have been modified.

Either you can use <xf:comment> tags (easily found with a simple CTRL + f in the template) or use <!-- --> which are very easily identifiable in the code:
But it is MUCH easier if I pull up that template to refer to a "notes" field for any modifications that I have detailed. Those will be specific to MY modifications, and not any others.... not to mention carrying forward even if those modifications get "accidentally" overwritten in a merge process.

Problem with doing that is if you comment out something that another developer is looking for in the template and replacers it with something, what they are trying to do won’t work.
Yes it's true but it's not done, it seems to me, to uncomment code but rather to add information on what we do in the code.

But this remark is relevant when deleting code manually or by uncommenting using the <!-- --> tags, hence the interest of add-ons and the system for modifying templates. But I persist in saying that installing an add-on for a single line template modification is a bit "too much", a solution would be to be able to create template modifications directly in the ACP without going through the creation of an add-on.

solution would be to be able to create template modifications directly in the ACP without going through the creation of an add-on.
That existed (or similar) at one point in the 1.x line. For some reason it was removed in the 2.x line. Or it may have been an add-on that allowed it... that's been a decade (± a couple of years) ago though, so I've had a lot more pressing matters come forth.

Thanks guys! Indeed, I'd rather edit the template than install an add-on as I've already made some modifications and marked them with comments.

Thanks! Tried installing it but got an error:
One or more add-ons currently have actions pending and may be in an inconsistent state. Because of this, some errors may be suppressed and unexpected behavior may occur. If this does not change shortly, please contact the add-on author for guidance.

I'm running on 2.2.8 patch 1, with pt-br translation.

Top Bottom