Configuration Builder - saving file

Peter

Please save the configuration using the button above and upload it to /home/guest/public_html/library/config.php. Once this is completed, use the button below to continue.

Is this LAMP permission issue or standard for all xenforo installs? If LAMP, does anyone know what I can change so it does not show up when I delete and start over each time?

It depends on the how PHP is installed. With PHPsuexec/suPHP the config.php file can be written out automatically. With other configurations like mod_PHP you end up with a config.php file that is owned by Apache which the devs don't want to happen. So in that situation you are asked to download the file and upload it with FTP.

It depends on the how PHP is installed. With PHPsuexec/suPHP the config.php file can be written out automatically. With other configurations like mod_PHP you end up with a config.php file that is owned by Apache which the devs don't want to happen. So in that situation you are asked to download the file and upload it with FTP.

Thanks for the explanation Jake. Now that I know what to search for, I'll try to understand more about that and try to reconfigure LAMP.

Top Bottom