Lack of interest Configurable flood timer permission

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Matthew Sayle

Is there a way to add the functionality to turn off throttling for admin/mods?

I hear that this is a global setting.

Do you have any plans on adding this feature in the future?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Is there a way to add the functionality to turn off throttling for admin/mods?

I hear that this is a global setting.

Do you have any plans on adding this feature in the future?

Are you referring to "Minimum Time Between Messages (seconds)" which is set to 30 seconds by default?

Are you referring to "Minimum Time Between Messages (seconds)" which is set to 30 seconds by default?
YES!

I am a member of Digital Point and was told by their admin that the throttling can't be turned off, even for admins or mods - because it's a global setting.

For an active member like myself, with replying to PMs and Reporting other members, the throttling becomes a huge issue.

That being said, I asked the admin if he could turn it off for certain members - and he said no.

Here is the thread in question: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/removing-the-throttling-of-pms-for-trusted-users.2770883/

While the flood timer is global, there is a permission which can bypass it - the Bypass flood check permission.

I had originally moved this from suggestions, but I have now moved it back and given it a clearer title on the assumption that the suggestion is to make the timer configurable.

To take this one step further, it would be nice if each forum node could be configured to bypass this feature or not.

Top Bottom