Not a bug  config.php generation

DavidH

Hi,

I had a little problem with my config.php generation, in the end I had to manually edit it myself.

Basically I put in some info, but missed a few permissions (didn't realise this at first) and then changed the password as it errored out on the step after it made the config.php. I then reran the section which generates the config and it said it was ok, but I got the same mysql unable to connect error. It later turned out that it wasn't re-generating the config.php file.

This is with RC1 - should be pretty simple to reproduce.

It generates the config file, but you need to save the file and upload it manually. It sounds like you didn't do that part?

Oh, maybe I didn't read it fully. If that's the case I didn't do that... however when I edited it on the server it did have my initial data in there.

Sorry for making the thread if it is intended behavior!

If it can write to the file, it will. If it can't, it will tell you to upload it. We don't tell you to chmod this as ideally we want to ensure that you can actually edit your config.php (via FTP, say).

If it can write to the file, it will. If it can't, it will tell you to upload it. We don't tell you to chmod this as ideally we want to ensure that you can actually edit your config.php (via FTP, say).

Ah, okay, good 2 know.
Thanks

Top Bottom