XF 1.1 $config['globalSalt'] in my config.php - safe to remove?

CTXMedia

I've edited the CycleChat config.php file this morning to make the admin log store indefinitely, and came across a globalsalt entry - $config['globalSalt'] = '......'

The only reference I can find to this config value on XF.com is related to this archived add-on thread:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/wordpress-3-bridge.5398/

I don't have the globalsalt value in the config of my other seven sites, so presume I've tried this add-on at some point in the past and removed it.

What does it do and is there likely to be any negative impact to me removing the line from the config file?

Well, strictly speaking they're not all listed there. :) There are a few that you probably don't want to change that aren't listed there. The global salt is a good example unless you had a good reason to change it.

Well, strictly speaking they're not all listed there. :) There are a few that you probably don't want to change that aren't listed there. The global salt is a good example unless you had a good reason to change it.

Okay, thanks Mike, I'll leave it as is for now; I'd rather not break anything unnecessarily.

Although I can't guarantee that curiosity won't get the better of me at some point in the future ... ;)

Top Bottom