Conditional Statements for XenForo 2

Conditional Statements for XenForo 2

Does anyone know the conditional statement for showing/hiding the user banner in threads?

Edit: I mean a specific user banner.

Last edited:
I have a conditional working fine to hide content from a forum node <xf:if is="$forum.node_id != xx"> however this is not working hiding from a page node so I presume I need something other than $forum.node_id. I tried $page.node_id but no luck.

For example, to hide the sub navigation links on a page node:

Code:
<xf:if is="$page.node_id != 94">
                        <li>
                            <xf:macro name="nav_entry" arg-navId="{$navId}" arg-nav="{$navEntry}" arg-shortcut="alt+{$i}" />
                        </li>
                        </xf:if>

I'm sure this must be easy but is eluding me.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you.

I have a conditional working fine to hide content from a forum node <xf:if is="$forum.node_id != xx"> however this is not working hiding from a page node so I presume I need something other than $forum.node_id. I tried $page.node_id but no luck.

Code:
                        <li>
                            <xf:macro name="nav_entry" arg-navId="{$navId}" arg-nav="{$navEntry}" arg-shortcut="alt+{$i}" />
                        </li>

Can anyone please help?

Thank you.

Try $__globals.forum.node_id

Code:
                        <li>
                        </li>

Can anyone please help?

Thank you.
You can see what variables are available for the template you are adding that code in by putting this into the template:
{{ dump(vars()) }}

Thanks, but how do I use that?
I take it that this that you tried <xf:if is="$page.node_id != 94"> is placed in a loop. If so, after the </xf:foreach> for that loop paste in {{ dump(vars()) }} and save. When you visit the Page, all the available variables for that template will be displayed.

I take it that this that you tried <xf:if is="$page.node_id != 94"> is placed in a loop. If so, after the </xf:foreach> for that loop paste in {{ dump(vars()) }} and save. When you visit the Page, all the available variables for that template will be displayed.
OK, so I have this:

Code:
<ul class="p-sectionLinks-list">
                    <xf:foreach loop="$selectedNavChildren" key="$navId" value="$navEntry" i="$i">
                        <xf:if is="$page.forum.node_id != 94">
                        <li>
                        </li>
                    </xf:foreach>{{ dump(vars()) }}
                    </ul>

or Ozzy's suggestion

Code:
<ul class="p-sectionLinks-list">
                    <xf:foreach loop="$selectedNavChildren" key="$navId" value="$navEntry" i="$i">
                        <xf:if is="$__globals.forum.node_id != 94">
                        <li>
                        </li>
                    </xf:foreach>{{ dump(vars()) }}
                    </ul>

And when I go to the page it just shows the page source above the page.

For some reason this works opposite it says on my site.
Code:
<xf:if is="!$xf.visitor.user_id">
  Show only members
<xf:else />
Show only guests

The Show to guests shows to members and show to members shows to guests. Hmmm.. I just reversed what I wanted to do and it works fine.

For some reason this works opposite it says on my site.
Code:
<xf:if is="!$xf.visitor.user_id">
  Show only members
<xf:else />
Show only guests

The Show to guests shows to members and show to members shows to guests. Hmmm.. I just reversed what I wanted to do and it works fine.
!$xf.visitor.user_id means if visitor does NOT have an ID.
Remove the ! and it should work as intended

How display custom user group banner on some nodes only ?
i solved this in message_macros
Code:
<xf:if is="in_array({$__globals.forum.node_id}, [33,34]) AND {$user.isMemberOf('22')}">
<div class="userBanner userBanner--lightGreen message-userBanner">name</div>

Is there a way to show an ad banner in the middle of the first Thread? I don't want the advert to be below the first thread rather in between the first thread post at the middle of the content.

A conditional statement to achieve this will be appreciated. Thanks.

Number the posts from "0" on the page (thread starter) so post "5" would be "4". like this:

Code:
<xf:if is="$post.position % $xf.options.messagesPerPage == 0">
<div style="text-align:center;">

{your code}

</div>   

For after 8th post:

<xf:if is="$post.position % $xf.options.messagesPerPage == 7">

For after 18th post:

<xf:if is="$post.position % $xf.options.messagesPerPage == 17">

Hi, Im not sure exactly how this works, but I think I post my request, and through the graciousness of others, I might get some help!

So, I'm looking for. statement that says: (on Watched forums page) If forum is watched show x (what's already there) if forum is not watched, show Y (a link to watch the unwatched forum)

Top Bottom