XF 1.4 Conditional for new posts in a particular category or forum

Edpal

I have a forum category with 3 subs that are only for registered members. In addition to the "New Posts" link (blocked links area) under the tabbed navigation, I'd like to have a "New posts in the X forum" so registered members don't have go to all three forums to see what is new.
I understand where I would put this, just don't understand the conditional format needed. {xen:link 'find-new/posts ........... I'm dead in the water here., I've searched a "bit", apologize if I've missed it.
Thanks.

It's not possible to create a 'find new' link for a sub set of forums.

It would require custom development.
I kind of suspected it would be a little more work. Might not be the best idea - the two (3?) clicks it takes them to get there won't kill them and WILL keep them on site longer."

*Like the new look Brogan - slightly intimidating but what the hey. :) Thank you for all your great guidance here - I've used dozens of the assists you've given others.

It's not possible to create a 'find new' link for a sub set of forums.

It would require custom development.
Came here looking to do the same thing. I can't find a mod either for all the searching I've done. Is there such a thing "new posts in forum/category" for XenForo?
I think a person can sort of "kludge" one together without too much hassle using [BD] framework's Widget page. I have a "New Posts By Area" page where I use 7 iterations of the "recent threads" (you can also choose "recent replies", creating a row of tabs across the top, each is drawing from a particular forum or groups of subs.
The usual "new Posts" link is now "Site-Wide New Posts". The first is divided up for you , the latter might require you to scroll down a long way to hit a new thread in a preferred topical area. And it makes it a lot easier for me to greet my members with the serious topics FIRST, over the Off Topic fluff and fun. Visit if you're curious @Trained Monkey feel free to contact me too.

After setting up the widget page it's just a matter of adding a link in the navigation - do it the "right way", not just a hyperlink. Then it will show in your menu under all small-screen responsive situations ;)

Note - front side is Wordpress, forum is Xen.

Diggin Brogan new avatar - good dad's rock.

Last edited:
Top Bottom