checking for T1lib support... no
checking whether to enable truetype string function in GD... yes
checking whether to enable JIS-mapped Japanese font support in GD... no
If configure fails try --with-vpx-dir=<DIR>
configure: error: jpeglib.h not found.
**ERROR** Could not configure PHP build

This is on CentOS 6 by the way.
Ohh.. well, considering this was a Debian install resource. :p

There are several libraries you are missing for the compilation under CentOS apparently. I think there is an RPM (and a repository) specific to the install of OLS on CentOS - it should also get you what all you need. The paths will most likely be different also for CentOS compared to Debian.

You may need the comparable libraries for libjpeg8-dev, libpng-dev, libfreetype6-dev (or their equivalent) on CentOS.

I haven't done (yet) a compile from source on a CentOS box (that's planned for this evening as I set up a dev site for a copy of my XF and play with the new ShowCase BETA 3).

Last edited:
Reactions: rdn
I'll document the CentOS install. I'm not sure if the install of it is different on CentOS and Debian. All I can tell you is what to do on Debian.
Code:
ln -s /origin/path/file  /destination/path/file
works fine on Debian if I remember. I have an alias that I use for it honestly in Bash.

Last edited:
There are several libraries you are missing for the compilation under CentOS apparently. I think there is an RPM (and a repository) specific to the install of OLS on CentOS - it should also get you what all you need. The paths will most likely be different also for CentOS compared to Debian.

You may need the comparable libraries for libjpeg8-dev, libpng-dev, libfreetype6-dev (or their equivalent) on CentOS.
This, still an issue for me :/
With this option added:
'--with-jpeg-dir=lib64'
I can't compile.

Last edited:
This, still an issue for me :/
With this option added:
'--with-jpeg-dir=lib64'
I can't compile.
Fixed now, I just install @eva2000 dependencies on CMM :)
Code:
yum -y install expect imake bind-utils readline readline-devel libedit libedit-devel libatomic_ops-devel time yum-downloadonly coreutils autoconf cronie crontabs cronie-anacron nc gcc gcc-c++ automake openssl openssl-devel curl curl-devel openldap openldap-devel libtool make libXext-devel unzip patch sysstat zlib zlib-devel libc-client-devel openssh gd gd-devel pcre pcre-devel flex bison file libgcj gettext gettext-devel e2fsprogs-devel libtool-libs libtool-ltdl-devel libidn libidn-devel krb5-devel libjpeg libjpeg-devel libpng libpng-devel freetype freetype-devel libxml2 libxml2-devel libXpm-devel glib2 glib2-devel bzip2 bzip2-devel vim-minimal nano ncurses ncurses-devel e2fsprogs gmp-devel pspell-devel aspell-devel numactl lsof pkgconfig gdbm-devel tk-devel bluez-libs-devel iptables* rrdtool diffutils libc-client libc-client-devel which ImageMagick ImageMagick-devel ImageMagick-c++ ImageMagick-c++-devel perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker perl-Time-HiRes cyrus-sasl cyrus-sasl-devel strace pam pam-devel cmake libaio libaio-devel libevent libevent-devel git

Fixed now, I just install @eva2000 dependencies on CMM :)
Even with those, on a bare metal new install of CentOS 6.5 there were some dependencies not there. I've started documenting it over at my Linux site. What it's taken to get it (a base install of CentOS minimal) up and running with OpenLiteSpeed 1.4.3 is documented. You can see the info page for PHP at http://boingo.servinglinux.com/phpinfo.php (for a little bit until I kill that VPS and recreate it for another use).

Top Bottom