Compatibility versions

Shelley

With regards to the compatibility versions might be good to add a "all" or something similar in terms to indicate that the resource is compatible with all versions of xenforo. Since graphics will work on all versions unless not checking the box indicates that it's compatible with all versions.

Screenshot_14.webp

It's a suggestion for this site, not the RM software.

Those are custom fields which have been added in the ACP.

The issue I have with "All" is that it implies future version compatibility which may not be the case. It's more edge case for graphics obviously, though there are situations where a new version could mean that the images don't really fit with new concepts. Selecting none is probably more appropriate if you'd rather not select all of them and maintain/check this for future versions.

@Mike - You probably won't go for it but I'll suggest it anyway but if you have tons of custom fields I sense you won't want to style them in the manner displayed at the (bottom).

How your custom field is displayed currently
Screenshot_16.webp

Suggestion (mockup below)
Screenshot_15.webp

I've made the suggestion privately (for single line display), not sure if I've made it publicly. If not I'll do that in a few minutes.

We discussed comma separated values in private, which works well for short values such as this.
For longer text strings though it won't work so well.

I must admit that the current format is not very good, it's hard to distinguish the information and the text of the author.

Perhaps style the container to highlight the custom fields making them a little more prominent? Thought I'd suggest it.

Mockup:
Screenshot_5.webp

How it looks now:
Screenshot_7.webp

I tend to agree.
Putting them in a container with background colour and border may make them more obvious and separate them from the content.

The good thing is they have their own classes so it will be easy to style should you wish to do so.

That's up to you and Mike. I'm merely posting a suggestion for you and your site (xenforo.com) so whether or not you want to apply such changes is your own call I'll style it for my site but thought I'd throw the suggestion here for this site.

Top Bottom