.community

floptuf

is .community a good domain name? I have a Facebook page with 40k likes sending 1million page views a month to the news website associated with this page.

The word for the niche makes sense

XXXXXXX.community

Or should I find a 2-3 word .com domain

My plan is to place a link on the news website to get people to join the forum.

is .community a good domain name? I have a Facebook page with 40k likes sending 1million page views a month to the news website associated with this page.

The word for the niche makes sense

XXXXXXX.community

Or should I find a 2-3 word .com domain

My plan is to place a link on the news website to get people to join the forum.
I don't think it would affect it, but I would say most people know that .com .org .net etc are well known, and may be confused by another domain name.

Other than that, should be fine.

IDK if the new domain names affect SEO either, I would HOPE not!

I am boycotting any TLDs over 3 characters long.

Sometimes it's hard to get the short TDLs like .com, .net, etc cause someone has bought up a lot of the domains and all they are, are just landing pages for nothing. Then when you inquire about purchasing the domain they want a ridiculous amount of money for it. Hence why they had to come out with more TDLs cause there weren't any domain names really available in the 3 character range. I have nothing against the new TDLs they've actually done some that help identify the type of site it'll be.

This is your best bet:
dotio2.webp
punto.io.gif

[...]These new .io sites are almost artisanal in nature - small, well crafted and functional. It's like a TLD for techies with taste.[...] read more...

Top Bottom