1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by floptuf, Jan 27, 2016.

1. floptuf

floptuf Member

is .community a good domain name? I have a Facebook page with 40k likes sending 1million page views a month to the news website associated with this page.

The word for the niche makes sense

Or should I find a 2-3 word .com domain

My plan is to place a link on the news website to get people to join the forum.
  2. silence

silence Well-Known Member

I don't think it would affect it, but I would say most people know that .com .org .net etc are well known, and may be confused by another domain name.

Other than that, should be fine.

IDK if the new domain names affect SEO either, I would HOPE not!
  3. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 Well-Known Member

I am boycotting any TLDs over 3 characters long.
    rafass and Fred. like this.
  4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

I don't know.. some of them can be descriptive... like my recumbent bike/trike one.
    I think something like thebent.bike is fairly descriptive. ;)
    rafass, Infopro and wedgar like this.
  5. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

I also have a .wiki, .asia and .info
  6. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

Sometimes it's hard to get the short TDLs like .com, .net, etc cause someone has bought up a lot of the domains and all they are, are just landing pages for nothing. Then when you inquire about purchasing the domain they want a ridiculous amount of money for it. Hence why they had to come out with more TDLs cause there weren't any domain names really available in the 3 character range. I have nothing against the new TDLs they've actually done some that help identify the type of site it'll be.
    Ashley.S. likes this.
  7. Joe.

Joe. Active Member

Its a tad long for my taste, but I suppose you'll have a better chance at getting the name you want if you use domain extensions like that.
  8. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

This is your best bet:
    dotio2.png punto.io.gif