Lack of interest Comment features on attached image in Overlay mode

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

3rd AnGle

It will awesome if xenForo can add comment feature on attached image in Overlay mode... many a times members post pictures which may or may not be related to the topic.. when it is vaguely related but the image is intriguing to members the discussions goes haywire..

It'd be great if we can allow the members to comment on the images... just like in facebook.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It will awesome if xenForo can add comment feature on attached image in Overlay mode... many a times members post pictures which may or may not be related to the topic.. when it is vaguely related but the image is intriguing to members the discussions goes haywire..

It'd be great if we can allow the members to comment on the images... just like in facebook.
This can be done in an add on instead :)

I would love to see it in core, but i'm also interested in an add-on. Would make the user experience for images in XF and XFMG much better.
I noticed @sonnb has this in his add-on XenGalley, maybe he can release an add-on that cover comments on media in overlays for all XF :D

Good to see someone's interested after 1 year of making the suggestion... :D
This can be done in an add on instead :)
Addon is fine but one issue i see is with other addons.. for example: Showcase has default XF lightbox option for its gallery... if the above suggestion is achieved via an addon it might have to support other addons too for maintaining a uniform standards... So i'd prefer to have it as a part of the core.

Scenario:

• Users posts funny/humor pictures in a thread.... and others jumped in and quote the message; how funny it is and how good the cookie looks... derailing the discussing in the process... And others don't comment because it is not related to the topic and knows their comments would derail the discussion.....
  • Users will be able to provide a better description or title of the pictures, now that it will not mess with the original topic... The picture is separated from the topic.

If users can comment just like in facebook or in Sonnb's gallery on overlay mode.. it would surely drive up more interaction in our forums

Top Bottom