Not a bug Comfirmation when checking for updates.

Wildcat Media

Affected version
2.1.0 beta 5
This is not so much a bug as a feature that I think would be helpful, or perhaps it is there and not working in my browser for some reason...?

When I click "Check Now," there is no way to determine if there is anything happening. I am thinking that some kind of pop-up or an additional line of text to tell us "No upgrades available at this time" or "Your installation is up to date" would be helpful. A "throbber" of some sort might also give us feedback that we've clicked the button.

I'm not exactly convinced that it is unclear as it is, especially if you look at the full picture:

When you click "Check now..." the last upgrade check time is changed from, e.g. "Yesterday at 12:00 PM" to "A moment ago" and the green message at the top already indicates that you are fully up to date.

So really I'm not certain anything else can be done to make it any clearer than it already is.

One thing I notice, though, is that my license checks as "not valid" since we run this in our private testing area (the URL we test 2.1 at is not the URL of our live forum, in other words). So, this is what I'm seeing:

So in this instance, I have no notification that the installation is up to date, despite the error shown. (I actually do know it is up to date, of course, but this message isn't verifying it.) I'm thinking it could at least have a message saying the theme is up to date, yet there is a license issue (as it says now).

It's a limited use case, of course.

Top Bottom