Cometchat and xF

No offense to Anat and the team there, but they takes his time. I could expect a xF version in about... oh... 3 months or so...

SMF was promised over a month ago. I learned long ago not to hold my breath. To be honest, I don't care because his product is gold and works really well...

I've actually got it up and showing on my xf, the javascript portion goes inbetween the head and body elements in the PAGE_CONTAINER template.

The only problem I'm having is setting the userid into either session variable or a cookie on login with XF, looking through the code to find a good spot to do it. The script launched and added itself onto the page just fine though.

If anyone has some insite on where we can get and set the userid on login that'd help a lot.

I have cometchat also but have taken it down from my vb4 site. Vb4 loads slow enough as it is and with cometchat it made it a little worse. With the speed xf has I think cometchat would compliment it well and not slow down much at all.

Just to clarify guys, CC makes sql queries to get user id, etc. The only template editing needed is above the body tag, where you insert two lines of code to call the CC script.

Top Bottom