1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cometchat and xF

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by MordyT, Oct 6, 2010.

1. MordyT

MordyT Active Member

Anyone able to adapt cometchat (standalone) to xF?

2. FreshFroot

FreshFroot Well-Known Member

give it time.. I'm sure soon cometchat will soon have a version for XF.

3. MordyT

MordyT Active Member

No offense to Anat and the team there, but they takes his time. I could expect a xF version in about... oh... 3 months or so...

SMF was promised over a month ago. I learned long ago not to hold my breath. To be honest, I don't care because his product is gold and works really well...

4. I will try to adapt them! when i finish i tell you ! :)

5. MordyT

MordyT Active Member

Thanks!

6. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Cometchat uses javascript to get the member info ... I just do not know which template I need to edit in xenforo yet but it's easily done.

7. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

I thought cometchat pulled it directly from the sql?

8. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Nope .. :) that's why I said it's easy ... I have not played with xF templates and I have no idea where the footer template is :D

9. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

I've actually got it up and showing on my xf, the javascript portion goes inbetween the head and body elements in the PAGE_CONTAINER template.

The only problem I'm having is setting the userid into either session variable or a cookie on login with XF, looking through the code to find a good spot to do it. The script launched and added itself onto the page just fine though.

If anyone has some insite on where we can get and set the userid on login that'd help a lot.

10. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

comet_chat_setup.PNG
    I just looked at the config and integration on my comet chat and it does get it from the SQL...that part of the integration is easy though.

11. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

We use Cometchat on other sites and it's pretty good. :)

12. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

Solved the user id issue, working on the friends list/listing who's on to chat. As soon as I get that settled I'll post how I did it for all to see :)

Rob Fritz and ArnyVee like this.
  13. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Nice work bambua! Keep us updated on your progress! :D

Rob Fritz likes this.
  14. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

I have cometchat also but have taken it down from my vb4 site. Vb4 loads slow enough as it is and with cometchat it made it a little worse. With the speed xf has I think cometchat would compliment it well and not slow down much at all.

15. MordyT

MordyT Active Member

Just to clarify guys, CC makes sql queries to get user id, etc. The only template editing needed is above the body tag, where you insert two lines of code to call the CC script.