• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Color variations of default style (online editor)

Arty

This is not a typical style, this is an online color scheme editor for XenForo. It can work with any style.

I've uploaded XenForo default style there, but its not exact copy of default style: xml file includes only templates and properties that have color values, so you should install it as a child style of default style.

Click here to edit default style.

XenForo already has color scheme editor in admin control panel, so why is this needed? Editor in control panel only changes few color values in css, but it doesn't affect images. So whatever you do, you are stuck with default images. What's different in this editor:
  • It changes everything, including all images
  • You can change not only hue, but also saturation and lightness
  • It has color match function that allows you to change color scheme to exact color values
Downside is you cannot edit specific property. But that's where admin control panel editor comes in handy: first change color scheme using colorizeit editor so all images would be changed, then adjust individual colors in admin control panel.

Few examples of color variations that can be done with this editor (click images to see editor):
  • Blue variation with increased lightness and decreased saturation:
  • Blue variation with decreased lightness and decreased saturation:
  • Green variation with increased lightness and decreased saturation:
  • Green with decreased saturation:
  • Red with slightly increased lightness and saturation:
  • Gray scaled:
How does it work? Click sliders, color changes. When you are done changing sliders, click "Download" button and script will send you zip file with style with your custom color scheme. Unpack it, install.

To avoid messing up default style, rename images directory (option above download button).

This works with any style and with other forum software packages. It was originally created only for phpBB styles, but I've expanded it to allow other packages, including XenForo. Style authors are welcome to submit their free styles. Follow this link to see XenForo styles category, click "upload style" button on right side.

XenForo kind of does this already on its own, minus the live preview and the images. But this is very nice, I forgot about this website. It was in beta for around 3 years :P

Glad you all like it! :)
XenForo kind of does this already on its own, minus the live preview and the images.
Images is the key here. There are many css editors that parse css files and let user swap values, but none of them parse images. Many style authors just made semi transparent images to solve that problem, but it limits customization options. With this editor authors don't have to limit themselves and can use create beautiful colorful images.
But this is very nice, I forgot about this website. It was in beta for around 3 years :p
It used to be only for my own styles, so I didn't bother finishing it. Now its available for everyone. :cool:

You are welcome to upload your styles there! I'm sure your users will appreciate ability to change color scheme as they want, including images.

Oh is that your site? I was a big fan of Serenity and Evo for vBulletin :D
Yes, and those were my styles until I've sold my old website. :)

Small update: I've fixed bug that wasn't changing images directory correctly in some properties and templates (like logo and header background location).

Top Bottom