Coinbase Commerce Integration

Coinbase Commerce Integration [Paid] 1.0.2

No permission to buy (£25.00)
I think they tried to go for a mix with Coinbase Commerce, support both fiat users (with the extra regulatory burdens that can have) and users just trying to accept cryptocurrency.
Thanks for explaining that. I fall in the latter group. I just want to accept cryptocurrency payments and deposit it into our bank account or paypal without too much hassle. This is why I have been using bitpay for XF1. Are you considering to implement normal coinbase?
This add-on implements gateways using the gateway API built into XF2.
@AddonFlare 's addon does not support xenforo payment methods out of the box.
IIRC then @NixFifty 's gift upgrades also doesn't work with all xenforo payment methods out of the box.

Thanks for explaining that. I fall in the latter group. I just want to accept cryptocurrency payments and deposit it into our bank account or paypal without too much hassle. This is why I have been using bitpay for XF1. Are you considering to implement normal coinbase?
There isn't a normal Coinbase for merchants anymore unfortunately. They shut down that Coinbase API and started Coinbase Commerce instead as its replacement. This is the only merchant API they provide now. See: https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2556145-why-can-t-i-access-merchant-tools-

If you're trying to just get it into fiat, you could use the Coinbase Commerce integration, withdraw to Coinbase and then sell for fiat (which exposes you a bit to volatility in the meantime, and is somewhat tedious), or use Bitpay. Bitpay is probably a smoother integration for fiat purposes, to be honest, and it has the upside of automatically converting your cryptocurrency to fiat so you don't suffer from any crypto volatility or have to do it yourself.

I should have the Bitpay integration added soon if you want to keep an eye out for that. One downside to Bitpay is that it only supports Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, iirc, and not Ethereum which is also a popular option and has much quicker transaction confirmation times and cheaper transaction fees compared to Bitcoin.

Are there any other 'set and forget' cryptocurrency payment gateways like bitpay? Bitpay is fine, but indeed limited in the number of cryptocurrencies.

Are there any other 'set and forget' cryptocurrency payment gateways like bitpay? Bitpay is fine, but indeed limited in the number of cryptocurrencies.
Good question. Bitpay tends to be the biggest name. There's a couple, most don't seem noteworthy. Coinify looks promising and is actually regulated etc. CoinGate seems to be another one, but doesn't really seem reliable at a glance. I'm not really aware of any others. Coinify seems to be the closest to Bitpay (in terms of functionality and trust) which also accepts more coins than just Bitcoin.

What about supporting the blockchain.com api (https://www.blockchain.com/api)

This way we can accept payments without any fees :)
Coinbase Commerce also doesn't have fees and supports more cryptocurrencies than the blockchain.com API. It's unlikely support for that API will be added since (as far as I know) it doesn't add anything the other gateways already implemented or planned don't (or, at least, won't be marked as high priority).

Coinbase Commerce also doesn't have fees and supports more cryptocurrencies than the blockchain.com API. It's unlikely support for that API will be added since (as far as I know) it doesn't add anything the other gateways already implemented or planned don't.
And coinbase loves to randomly close your account and keep your bitcoins....blockchain.com does not :)

@delicatebobster Blockchain.com has the same Gap Limit issue as HD wallets, I wouldn't recommend it because you'll face some issues if there are 20 empty addresses (didn't receive a payment).

This gap value represents the difference between the index of the most recent address paid to, and the most recently-requested address. If that value is 20 or greater, funds paid to any further addresses created will be hard to access until earlier addresses receive funds.

@Robust,
You have already answered me, but look, pls, at https://gourl.io one more time :) Fast, simple and secure payment gateway.
It's working good for wordpress https://wordpress.org/plugins/gourl-bitcoin-payment-gateway-paid-downloads-membership/

bitcoinbox3.png

they're on bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=508064

when trying to pay
Code:
Server error log
Error: Call to undefined function GuzzleHttp\json_decode() src/addons/nanocode/CryptoPayments/Payment/CoinbaseCommerce.php:91

Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Purchase.php(30): nanocode\CryptoPayments\Payment\CoinbaseCommerce->initiatePayment(Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Purchase), Object(XF\Entity\PurchaseRequest), Object(XF\Purchasable\Purchase))
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Pub\Controller\Purchase->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Purchase', 'Index', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), '', Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Purchase), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#4 src/XF/App.php(1934): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#5 src/XF.php(333): XF\App->run()
#6 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#7 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(42) "/purchase/user_upgrade/?user_upgrade_id=17"
  ["referrer"] => string(31) "/account/upgrades"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["/purchase/user_upgrade/"] => string(0) ""
    ["user_upgrade_id"] => string(2) "17"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["payment_profile_id"] => string(2) "19"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(17) "/account/upgrades"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
browser console
Code:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 ()
core-compiled.js?_v=43cba5d5:2 PHP:
An exception occurred: [Error] Call to undefined function GuzzleHttp\json_decode() in src/addons/nanocode/CryptoPayments/Payment/CoinbaseCommerce.php on line 91
#0 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Purchase.php(30): nanocode\CryptoPayments\Payment\CoinbaseCommerce->initiatePayment(Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Purchase), Object(XF\Entity\PurchaseRequest), Object(XF\Purchasable\Purchase))
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Pub\Controller\Purchase->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Purchase', 'Index', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), '', Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Purchase), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#4 src/XF/App.php(1934): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#5 src/XF.php(333): XF\App->run()
#6 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#7 {main}

Hi! @im_odmen, @TrynCatchMe, guys, have you solved with mistakes? Did author corrected bugs?
The bug they had was because this add-on was coded on XF 2.1. It turns out the version of Guzzle used in XF 2.0 is different, and so that function we used wasn’t available in XF 2.0. That bug was corrected and provided to affected customers via ticket (a separate version hasn’t yet been released for that patch). Any other customers with the same issue should contact us for the patch.

Top Bottom