CODForums experiencing growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New update: January 29th was Black Ops II's "Revolution" Map Pack release day.... And CODForums exploded.

CODFTraf597.webp

Reactions: R_A
I thought it'd be nice to give an update to this thread...

CODFStats140k.webp

CODForums has reached 10,000 posts! :)

CODFActi2.webp

Here's the yearly update... This time, it's following the release of Advanced Warfare!

CODFStats166k.webp

We're close to the next milestone: 500,000 pageviews! :)

Here are our current forum stats...!

CODForoStats.webp

Last edited:
Advanced Warfare's first DLC came out, and the results are in...

Let's start from the beginning:

CODNet's stats are...
CODNetStats2014into15.webp

New website, Advanced Warfare Blog returns some surprising stats...
AWBlogStats2014into15.webp

CODForums visits are up 30% since the last time I posted. That's two months ago.
CODFonAWDLC1rel.webp

But you don't get any posts. 11,000 posts in nearly 6 years is extremely low. It's low even for 6 months after opening. Your traffic isn't converting well.
Riiiiiiiight. :rolleyes: I've seen more people posting in the last 3 weeks than I've seen in a while. That's better than nothing.

From this (2 months ago):
CODForoStats.webp

To this (just now):
CODF2015PostStats.webp

Riiiiiiiight. :rolleyes: I've seen more people posting in the last 3 weeks than I've seen in a while. That's better than nothing.

From this (2 months ago):
View attachment 96765

To this (just now):
View attachment 96764

I'm not trying to bash you, but I think you could do so much more. With the official COD Forums being so bad to use, and your site ranking just below them, I feel you should have so much more activity. You have a huge opportunity here, but you seem to be doing nothing with it. You've made just 20 posts yourself in January.

I'm not trying to bash you, but I think you could do so much more. With the official COD Forums being so bad to use, and your site ranking just below them, I feel you should have so much more activity. You have a huge opportunity here, but you seem to be doing nothing with it. You've made just 20 posts yourself in January.
What am I supposed to do!? Nothing new other than DLC, which I made 7 different friggin posts to!

I even.. I even... I held back on marketing on twitter for 2 months, and put out all the content there in one full swoop to make sure I capture all the traffic.

It does feel like bashing, an attack... because everyone's spewing negativity every time I make a post. It's like nothing I do will make them shut up and/or be receptive to what I do. Screw the haters.

Problem is, you're not a hater, you're someone I respect, and like because you did a great job with your newly acquired WWE Forums.

Last edited:
It does feel like bashing, an attack

It's not bashing, or an attack. It's someone (who runs a forum much larger than yours) giving you advice that you are not willing to take. You're the one getting an attitude every time someone gives you advice, which is likely why the growth of your board is not great.

It's like nothing I do will make them shut up and/or be receptive to what I do.

I'd hardly want someone who is giving me legitimate advice to shut up.

It's not bashing, or an attack. It's someone (who runs a forum much larger than yours) giving you advice that you are not willing to take. You're the one getting an attitude every time someone gives you advice, which is likely why the growth of your board is not great.
Oh, and saying "you don't get any posts. 11,000 posts in nearly 6 years is extremely low. It's low even for 6 months after opening. Your traffic isn't converting well." is an advice? I don't see it as advice. It's negative. I get it, guys... the conversion isn't great! What do you propose I do? Because, I've been doing everything I can.
I'd hardly want someone who is giving me legitimate advice to shut up.
Stop putting words into my mouth. Not who I was talking about, and definitely not what I'm talking about. The who are the people who have been speaking nothing but ill about me, the what is that by "shut up" is not speaking negative stuff. Negative stuff > hurts person.

Oh, and saying "you don't get any posts. 11,000 posts in nearly 6 years is extremely low. It's low even for 6 months after opening. Your traffic isn't converting well." is an advice? I don't see it as advice. It's negative.
I've seen countless people give you advice that you just take as "negative" and get pissy. If you think everything that doesn't 100% agree with you is negative you definitely should not be running a community.

I get it, guys... the conversion isn't great! What do you propose I do? Because, I've been doing everything I can.
Maybe take the advice that people have given you before..

Stop putting words into my mouth. Not who I was talking about, and definitely not what I'm talking about.
I quoted exactly what you said. How is that putting words in your mouth?

You have a huge opportunity here, but you seem to be doing nothing with it. You've made just 20 posts yourself in January.

That is advice^

Post more. Have a reason for people to interact with you. Get friends to create content. Run competitions.

I assume that a lot of people visit that sort of forum to look for tutorials or guides on how to do something so there's immediately a conversion issue which you're fighting against. You need a way to keep them on your site (what's your bounce rate?) and to engage them. The way to do that is to build a community around it. Get people interested and contributing.

p.s. Not sure if it adds any weight to my advice but our forum over the same time period as your last image above has 24 million sessions, 2 million users and 175 million page views. We've had to go through building a community so know what we're talking about.

Rule 2 Violation - Disrespectful
I've seen countless people give you advice that you just take as "negative" and get pissy. If you think everything that doesn't 100% agree with you is negative you definitely should not be running a community.
So, you think I should take advice from basement dwelling little trolls who have nothing better to do with their time, making snide insults at me? So, you're telling me, I should take advice from "fan favorite" Sheldon, and his buddies... Is that what you're telling me? Because all they do is, @Jake B. is hurt me inside, and outside. So, again, why the hell am I going to take advice from people that don't really like me? Tell me. Go back to the thread, and look at their attitudes. You think I'm going to take their advice? NO.

I take constructive criticism, but once you act like an ass to me, I do it back.

There's an image that reflects this very well:
AssAmen.webp

In other words, if you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you back. Simple. As. That.
I quoted exactly what you said. How is that putting words in your mouth?
No, you put words into my mouth by misconstruing what I meant, and who I was talking about.

That's a rubbish mission statement.

"CODForums was created for the sole purpose of gathering thoughts and feedback about Call of Duty in general."

It'd be much better if it was something like "To build a community around the Call of Duty series where you can find information, get tips and make friends with COD players from all over the world!"

That is advice^
THAT was advice, I agree. His first post wasn't good to me, and your next post was MUCH better, puts me in a better direction.
Post more. Have a reason for people to interact with you. Get friends to create content. Run competitions.

I assume that a lot of people visit that sort of forum to look for tutorials or guides on how to do something so there's immediately a conversion issue which you're fighting against. You need a way to keep them on your site (what's your bounce rate?) and to engage them. The way to do that is to build a community around it. Get people interested and contributing.

p.s. Not sure if it adds any weight to my advice but our forum over the same time period as your last image above has 24 million sessions, 2 million users and 175 million page views. We've had to go through building a community so know what we're talking about.
Thank you very much. :)
That's a rubbish mission statement.

"CODForums was created for the sole purpose of gathering thoughts and feedback about Call of Duty in general."
See, take out the word "rubbish."
It'd be much better if it was something like "To build a community around the Call of Duty series where you can find information, get tips and make friends with COD players from all over the world!"
There ya go. That wasn't so hard...?

We found that @Chris D's notification addon was great at encouraging engagement from users. If you don't have it, I'd maybe suggest using it. Don't overdo it with a million popups but one aimed at guests popping up a "why not sign up and join in" message will get people signing up.

I'd also say you pretty much NEED a tutorial section. I'm assuming the majority of your search traffic is people searching for "how do I do XXXX in cod" and you need to have guides, tips, etc to give them what they want and once you've got them, give them a community to get involved with "post your top tips for XXXX" and threads like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom