Coder Mythotical => Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betclever

Hi all,

I already informed the moderation about Mythotical's profile because he stealed me 340$.
I paid April 2 for moving my CI scripts to XF + parsing + other things but the time frame has not been respected and I never received any partial/full work.
He told me 1 month but after that month, I always received some excuses like "moving, power outage, no internet, issue with parsing, issue with API, personal issues,...

After checking Mythotical's profile, I read some weird comments and I understood the scam.
I opened a dispute on Paypal and he told Paypal he delivered the work and sent the whole plugin, WHAT THE...

I hired another coder here on XF for beginning from scratch the whole project so I woud like to inform the XF community he is a scammer.
I don't ask anyone to trust what I wrote above but I can add proves, captures on Skype, proves I hired another coder and also, he asked someone else who's Syndrogo to discuss with me about the project.

July 1 so 3 months after, I did not receive any plugin or any partial work and I lost 340$...
I also asked Paypal for a refund because even if he wants to send me a partial plugin, another coder will never accept to work on an existing plugin which is not complete.

Xenforo doesn't want to interract for third party projects but I think, the moderation must close the door for custom projects for avoiding this kind of issues.
Other websites are specialized for projects with some contracts and they can verify if you have received the plugin or not.

I propose the moderators to add a notice on this forum for avoiding issues/disputes.

I work and worked with coders, Matt UK (from XF) is managing my server and I also hired some designers and I spent more than 6000$ on Xenforo but it is the first time I'm facing this...

I also told the moderation about this scam but they read my explanation without asking some proves or anything else, I think, it is an error because people can scam you and you just have to close your mouth.

I hope this message will not be deleted by a moderator because it is the truth and I can prove it but I would like to know if I can add captures (Skype, PM on XF,...) for reporting this member? @Brogan @Mike @Jake Bunce @Slavik

Regards,
BC.

@Alfa1

At this day, he did not reply because he knows what he is doing...

He told Paypal I accepted his partial ****ty plugin but that's not true... I hired someone else for beginning from scratch.

He is manipulating the whole service with fake captures and everyone know how to change some text with the touch F12 and dev tools but he think he is smart by doing this!

I just called Paypal once again for explaining the whole situation and I also provided this link for reporting this scammer and they read your comments/likes.

He sent me this morning a zip file which is my own program!!! LOL

Dispute started (on paypal) June 8, paid April 4 and at this day, the dispute is still open because he sent some fake captures and he also lied...

Moderation => @Mike @Brogan @Jake Bunce

Any help will be helpful, you also read above comments, this guy is not a dev. but he steals the code of other coders and if I remember, bri vium has been banned for this in addition of some weird calls to servers.

As already explained, I can provide proves, captures, PM on XF.

If not, do I have your authorisation for uploading them on public?

Rgds,
P.

@Alfa1 This was being handled through PayPal which ruled in my favor with proof I provided to them. I was finishing the add-on, fixing bugs and what not, the day he put in a refund.

Upon request, I will provide anyone who wishes to see my evidence in screenshots as I do not want to post them publicly as Betclever is not allowed to do it so I will assume I'm not allowed either.

The amount being requested be refunded was a third down payment, considering the work was all done except fixing bugs then that amount became nonrefundable.

My reason for the delay in replying to this thread is because I wanted to keep things civil and not call people liars, or point out things that are not true because that is now how I want to be remembered. I have spoken the truth to PayPal with evidence and they ruled in my favor.

I also have a business partner that can backup everything I have said and if people think I'm the same person as my business partner can ask moderation through XenForo to check the IPs.

This was being handled through PayPal which ruled in my favor with proof I provided to them. I was finishing the add-on, fixing bugs and what not, the day he put in a refund.

You finalized the addon? How can you do this if the owner of the API closed access so parsing the data is not possible. Once again, you are a liar.

Why do I have to hire a new coder for doing the same thing then? I can put the contract on public if anyone want to see it. ;-)

Upon request, I will provide anyone who wishes to see my evidence in screenshots as I do not want to post them publicly as Betclever is not allowed to do it so I will assume I'm not allowed either.

The only thing you did is taking my own code without rewriting it, that's once again stealing code.
You sent me the same files/folders I sent you a few months ago...

You are telling the community Paypal gave you reason but why the dispute is still ongoing then?

Once again, I ask Xenforo for doing something for this member who's not a developper but a stealer.

I'm in discussion with @Chris D in PM for this and I hope moderators will ban him because I lost a lot of members on my platform because of this conflict and I also lost some business partners.

I also sent new proves to Paypal with the files I received... He stealed my code! Took a copy of my DB...

Last edited by a moderator:
Xenforo staff needs todo something about these bad scamming developers taking advantage of people like me and @Betclever

I have lost over $1000+ and been scammed by at least 3 different developers here
We don’t tend to be able to get involved, but we certainly can’t get involved unless we know about these things in the first place.

Did you report these developers to us at the time?

You finalized the addon? How can you do this if the owner of the API closed access so parsing the data is not possible. Once again, you are a liar.

Why do I have to hire a new coder for doing the same thing then? I can put the contract on public if anyone want to see it. ;-)

The only thing you did is taking my own code without rewriting it, that's once again stealing code.
You sent me the same files/folders I sent you a few months ago...

You are telling the community Paypal gave you reason but why the dispute is still ongoing then?

View attachment 205909

Once again, I ask Xenforo for doing something for this member who's not a developper but a stealer.

I'm in discussion with @Chris D in PM for this and I hope moderators will ban him because I lost a lot of members on my platform because of this conflict and I also lost some business partners.

I also sent new proves to Paypal with the files I received... He stealed my code! Took a copy of my DB...
I have faced same issue. He hire me and used add-on for a month then require me for refund. LOL. He gave many threats to me.

Edit: I have not work with @Betclever . Work him above posts

I have faced same issue. He hire me and used add-on for a month then require me for refund. LOL. He gave many threats to me.

Edit: I have not work with @Betclever . Work him above posts

Hi,

Sorry, I did not understand, did you hire him and he asked a refund once the job has been completed ?

Rgds,

Hi,

Sorry, I did not understand, did you hire him and he asked a refund once the job has been completed ?

Rgds,

No, Mythotical (apparently) hired truonglv to do a addon. Once the addon was done, and used for a month, he asked (threatened) for a refund.

I think he might have actually been referring to delicatebobster who seems to have had issues with a number of devs here including truonglv.

No, Mythotical (apparently) hired truonglv to do a addon. Once the addon was done, and used for a month, he asked (threatened) for a refund.
I have never hired anyone to do an add-on for me. Truonglv is referring to another developer.

<Image removed due to containing private information>

PayPal has decided and proof provided.

Man....

Glad I've packed it in.

This is just further justification.

Sad what this has become from what it started.

Silly question, did you send the addon to any of the XF staff so they could verify that it truly works as described?

<Image removed due to containing private information>

PayPal has decided and proof provided.

They have decided because you sent me a ****ty plugin but Tomorrow, I call them for opening the case.
The plugin you sent me is not working because you just added some backend options...

Additionaly, I checked some PHP files and found the initial code I had a year ago with my original scripts.

What you did is making a package with the files I sent you, that's it.
You are still a stealer and I worked with a lot of designers, coders, they can confirm here without any issue by quoting them!

I never asked a refund and I spent more than 6000$ on this platform so it is the first refund I'm asking because the "plugin" you sent me is just a joke because there is no parsing (owner of the API closed the access to my server).

You just took my logo, team names, the initial structure, the same DB and you made a package, is that a developper?

I'm on vacation right now untill this Sunday but be sure once I come back at home, I will copy paste and make capture of the original code and the your code which is mine except the "copyright" part you made on the top of each script.

Paypal will Tomorrow reopen the case, I will ask them to keep it open untill Sunday because I have proves, I recognized my original codes inside the scripts and I also informed ChrisD to wait untill Sunday.

There is no justice on this case, you are the biggest manipulator I have never seen but this work a time, not all the time.

Last edited:
Silly question, did you send the addon to any of the XF staff so they could verify that it truly works as described?

Ozzy, I can send you the package, after that, if you have some times, I can provide access to my website so you will directly see the scam...
ChrisD asked me to send proves, I will do this this Sunday, the date I return at home from holidays because I'm working on my laptop and not on my primary computer.

I don't use Filezilla on this computer but once again, once I return at home, I will make captures of my scripts and "his" scripts.

I wonder if I still have all those emails, PMs, and PayPal transaction receipts from 2012? Hhhhhmm....... 🤔

Speaking of 2012, by a strange coincidence that is when I vowed to never be involved with a public project again nor with any project that allowed people to make "donations" directly to a freelancer instead of the to the project in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom