CodeForum - A coding community

We have recently changed from a voting system to a simple "Mark as solution" style; I think this aligns well with what I wanted Code Forum to be in the future. The add-on is by @Liam W called Thread Solutions.

Great site, I might join.

BUT a couple of things.

Seems to be quite slow and the them is very hard (for me) to read. Dark themes can be OK, but there is something about some of the text colours against the background, maybe in combination with the font and font size. There is some very intersting reading but I just found it so difficult on my eyes. Maybe slightly larger font and better contrast colours.

For example on this page the darkish red and green text against the grayish blue background is not easy for me.

BUT a couple of things.

Seems to be quite slow and the them is very hard (for me) to read. Dark themes can be OK, but there is something about some of the text colours against the background, maybe in combination with the font and font size. There is some very intersting reading but I just found it so difficult on my eyes. Maybe slightly larger font and better contrast colours.

For example on this page the darkish red and green text against the grayish blue background is not easy for me.
I agree with you about the dark theme but there are other themes for you to choose from, you can even choose the XF default theme in the style selector.

I agree with you about the dark theme but there are other themes for you to choose from, you can even choose the XF default theme in the style selector.
Thanks for pointing that out, TBH it makes my point - I couldn't see the darkish grey link of the style chooser agaisnt the drak grey background!

But amnother problem, the style chooser doesn't work - just stays at the dark style

BUT a couple of things.

Would love to have you! Can I ask what theme you are using? Would you be able to provide a screenshot?
As for slowness, I do have an idea of what's causing it. But, would still have to weigh the options of what I could do.

But amnother problem, the style chooser doesn't work - just stays at the dark style
Odd, I'll look into this.

Was poking around in your c# forum and got this. I don't believe it's on my end as there's no problem with my navigating here in the XF Community.

Screenshot_20200219-054914.png

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to gather some more feedback to see what we can do to improve user-experience on Code Forum.

To this point, we have added a new-registrant onboarding process which gives new coders a set of tasks to complete in order to complete their profile an add-on by @NixFifty. With this, I was hoping that we could help engage new coders to try to interact with the community.

1593294125397.webpWe have also started to play with on how Code Forum displays its partners, however, it's not done but I hope some of you guys could provide some feedback on where it should go. What I'm planning to do is:
  • Change backgrounds, I'm thinking to have it transparent and make the icons/logos 2 per line, then with logos have it take up the whole line.​
  • Change headers to make it more attractive and appealing.​

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to gather some more feedback to see what we can do to improve user-experience on Code Forum.

To this point, we have added a new-registrant onboarding process which gives new coders a set of tasks to complete in order to complete their profile an add-on by @NixFifty. With this, I was hoping that we could help engage new coders to try to interact with the community.

View attachment 229288We have also started to play with on how Code Forum displays its partners, however, it's not done but I hope some of you guys could provide some feedback on where it should go. What I'm planning to do is:
  • Change backgrounds, I'm thinking to have it transparent and make the icons/logos 2 per line, then with logos have it take up the whole line.​
  • Change headers to make it more attractive and appealing.​
Super cool feature.

The site looks fantastic! It really has a good atmosphere. Well done!

I would however suggest one small thing. Your Q&A captcha - you need to fix it. It asked me "What is the capital of the United States?". I answered with "Washington, D.C." and it failed. I wanted to re-try with "Washington" but it threw a different question. You may want to look at this addon made by @ozzy47. It has worked like a charm for us.

Anyway - see you on your forum!

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Super cool feature.
Thank you! :)

The site looks fantastic! It really has a good atmosphere. Well done!

I would however suggest one small thing. Your Q&A captcha - you need to fix it. It asked me "What is the capital of the United States?". I answered with "Washington, D.C." and it failed. I wanted to re-try with "Washington" but it threw a different question. You may want to look at this addon made by @ozzy47. It has worked like a charm for us.

Anyway - see you on your forum!

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.
Hi there!

So I investigated this issue and realized that the way you were writing it did not match the actual format Code Forum has. I have now updated the answers to properly address this! :) I'll take a look!

Hi all!

I wanted to take a few moments to give you an update on some new changes/features I've implemented to Code Forum. With the recent upgrade to XenForo 2.2, Code Forum has greatly benefitted from the new features - particularly the thread types. We have converted most of our forums into question forums which our members adapted fairly well.

We have significantly grown since the last time I posted within this thread, we are fast approaching 700 registered coders(members). I have updated the forum layout to be more straight forward and understandable. It was well-received by the community.

Updated IDE​

Our IDE has had a makeover by Herman from Judge0, check it out down below: https://ide.codeforum.org
Screenshot_2020-10-16 Code Forum IDE.webp

New Light/Dark Style​

We now have a light/dark style. I'm currently developing a sort of "framework" that will be used to create future Code Forum styles however it is still being worked on. https://codeforum.org
Newstyle.webp

Thank you all for all your support! Let me know what you think!

Top Bottom