Code to call forum title description

TazDevilLooney

Hi people,

Im trying to call the big bold black description at the top of the page. 'General Support and Questions'
I wish to move this to a diffrent location. There is also a colour i cant figure out how to change. Any idears?

I just require the raw code for the discription. The placement is already sorted.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Do you want to change "Main Forum" to "General Support and Questions" ?
You do that in the ACP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree.

Click on the node named "Main Forum" and change the title.

The "Selected Threads" link is this css:
Code:
a:link, a:visited {
color: #176093;
text-decoration: none;
}

TazDevilLooney

It amazing what you can do when your really, really, really bored......... I'll have a go at the header tomz :)
Still can't get the blue text though. :)

TazDevilLooney

Thanks for the reply bruce, however it changes all the link colors to white. I have a white background set it tends to hide the forum text.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply bruce, however it changes all the link colors to white. Because i have a white background set it hides the forum text.
For some reason I am having trouble setting an exception for that link color in CSS. But here is a bad way to do it if you are interested:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> inline_mod_controls

Replace this code:

Code:
<a class="SelectionCount">{$selectedItemsPhrase}: <em class="InlineModCheckedTotal">0</em></a>
...with this:

Code:
<a class="SelectionCount" style="color: #000000;">{$selectedItemsPhrase}: <em class="InlineModCheckedTotal">0</em></a>
Use any color code you want.

TazDevilLooney

Hi again people, I really need some help with a couple of things. Any info would be greatfully recieved.

I have 2 items in the picture.

Item 1 : When mouse hovers over tabs i get a blue background and white text. Where could i change this so the background is transparent and the text is black.

Item 2 : Is there any way of removing the last arrow from the end of the row.
Forum
Forum -> Main Category
Forum -> Main Category -> Blar Blar

Cheres people :)

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Item 1: is .navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed .navLink:hover

Item 2: Are those the breadcrumbs? It looks like you will need to edit the foreach loop from the breadcrumb template to remove the last arrow.
Code:
            <xen:if is="{$navigation}">
                <xen:foreach loop="$navigation" value="$breadcrumb" i="$i" count="$count">
                    <span class="crust"{xen:if $microdata, ' itemscope="itemscope" itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumb"'}>
                        <a href="{xen:raw $breadcrumb.href}" class="crumb" rel="up" itemprop="url"><span itemprop="title">{xen:raw $breadcrumb.value}</span></a>
                        <span class="arrow"><span>&gt;</span></span>
                    </span>
                </xen:foreach>
            </xen:if>

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Won't that remove all arrows after the Forums breadcrumb?

Edit: Not fair, you deleted your post :D

TazDevilLooney

Yes correct however i see your point, i now have

1. Forum ->
2. Forum -> Main Category
3. Forum -> Main Category ? Blar Blar

I was only looking at no.2 untill i started to explore i see what happend.

LOL any tips, hehe

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I think you'll have to remove the arrow from the main foreach loop and do a nested loop for the arrow, minus 1 count.