1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CNN Videos

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Kevin, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

I've been going back through some of the older threads regarding a BB Code Media Site definition for CNN videos and an finding several different results, mainly as a result of different URLs for the CNN videos in different places.

In short... was anybody able to come up with a configuration for CNN videos, such as the one linked below, that could be entered directly from the ACP instead of needing to use an add-on?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I don't see any embed code offered by CNN's video player. And a Google search for CNN BB code comes up empty.
  3. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

The embed code is at the top of the page. :) If you move your mouse to the right of the FB, Twitter, & Email icon, additional options shows up.

CNN Video Embed.PNG
  4. sweetpotato

sweetpotato Active Member

I would also be grateful if XF support CNN BB code
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Any media site can be embedded if the site permits it.
    You just need to create the relevant code for it.
  6. sweetpotato

This is an example of CNN video embed code:
    <object width="416" height="234" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep_1902"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_embed_2x_container.swf?site=cnn&profile=desktop&context=embededition&videoId=politics/2013/06/07/sot-atw-obama-nsa-phone-calls.cnn&contentId=politics/2013/06/07/sot-atw-obama-nsa-phone-calls.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_embed_2x_container.swf?site=cnn&profile=desktop&context=embededition&videoId=politics/2013/06/07/sot-atw-obama-nsa-phone-calls.cnn&contentId=politics/2013/06/07/sot-atw-obama-nsa-phone-calls.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="234"></embed></object>
    But I cannot figure out how to embed in XF
  7. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

sweetpotato likes this.
  8. sweetpotato

Thank @EQnoble, I just installed it and it works fine!