CMS with xenForo

Netsultants

Hello all,

I have several Vbulletin licenses and have been disappointed by the progress and design of VB4. I've been following (though not fully) the aggravation on the Vbulletin forum and I've been watching xenForo develop.

I understand this SW is new and there is no timetable for xenForo to bundle / develop a CMS. Though, it's still my number one focus on developing my site(s). Are any of you using another app for the CMS and incorporating the forum sw?

Thoughts. solutions, advice appreciated.

BTW- I did a search for CMS but I got an error as the word is too short.

:D (obligatory smilie inserted)

There was a thread about CMS, and the developers have said there is no -immediate- plans for CMS. They're working on forum stability first before going into products such as CMS and blog.

*shakes fist* Damnit! Beaten (by cip).

Welcome to Xen Netsultants, are you aware of Xen pages? See right down the bottom of the forum list. They give you static pages etc which may or may not suit you, it's not a full CMS solution. Someone has a CMS third party thing in their sig, sorry forgot the member's username, but of course till we get the product third party isn't happening. I would expect a whole bunch of new options to start appearing quickly after release of the product, there's some excellent developers lumbering around this here place.

One of the Xen Team will probably be able to advise on an official add on, if planned, when they run across your thread. Clearly I can't speak for Xenforo :)

Welcome to Xen Netsultants, are you aware of Xen pages? See right down the bottom of the forum list. They give you static pages etc which may or may not suit you, it's not a full CMS solution. Someone has a CMS third party thing in their sig, sorry forgot the member's username, but of course till we get the product third party isn't happening. I would expect a whole bunch of new options to start appearing quickly after release of the product, there's some excellent developers lumbering around this here place.

One of the Xen Team will probably be able to advise on an official add on, if planned, when they run across your thread. Clearly I can't speak for Xenforo :)
Bah, I started editing my post to add some info about pages and there was suddenly three replies. Are we anxious to see XenForo released, perhaps? :p

Edit: Four replies.

I'm using Wordpress, and I bought vBSuite to compliment my network that includes the wordpress site. I will wait for a better cms solution, but for now, this will have to do.

Man, you guys are fast!

I guess a lot of interest in the release today..lol

I am aware of the Pages and the tree structure but that's not what I'm looking for. If any of you have seen my posts on the VBforum then you know root / blog / forum is an important issue for me. Frankly, I didn't think it was a lot to ask for and it blows my mind VB didn't address it properly.

It seems the consensus is WP, interesting.

Do any of you have boards with WP and seamless forums?

Man, you guys are fast!

I guess a lot of interest in the release today..lol

I am aware of the Pages and the tree structure but that's not what I'm looking for. If any of you have seen my posts on the VBforum then you know root / blog / forum is an important issue for me. Frankly, I didn't think it was a lot to ask for and it blows my mind VB didn't address it properly.

It seems the consensus is WP, interesting.

Do any of you have boards with WP and seamless forums?

I've used Wordpress before 'bridged' into vB. I'm pretty confident that all kinds of bridges, CMS mods etc will all pop up over the next few weeks ;)

lol.....

I just thought I'd take some eyes off the released thread. For you guys waiting ("un"patiently), this is to help you relax.

---- Playing elevator music -----

Seriously though, xenForo with integrated CMS / Blog / Live Chat by tomorrow would be great.

I'm tempted to write a wiki for XenForo but I'm not going to make any promises until I've had a chance to see the code. Would be fun to be out early on though.

Well I use VaultWiki on my VB4, and it has worked extremely well for me in the past. However, I think its too feature rich for my services. I don't need a wiki, I just need pages, with template callups. So I plan on doing my best to add template callups to my Portal/CMS.

Top Bottom