Cloudflare & Xenforo: Any guides?

WhoIsDo

I've recently been looking into CDNs, and I really want to try and use Cloudflare with my Xenforo setup. Are there any guides on how to setup Cloudflare with Xenforo? I'd really appreciate any help or documentation that someone could point me towards!

And to NOT use that piece of BETA junk they call RocketLoader unless you know how to set up the necessary exclusions.

Yeah, I don't plan to use Rocketloader at all. Haven't heard anything positive about it in terms of working with Xenforo.

One thing I was told by my host, however, is that once I enable Cloudflare.. the DNS servers have to propagate so I'm looking at anywhere from 24-48 hours downtime for some users. Is that to be expected? I'd be a bit worried about being down for some users for that time.

I had enabled it briefly yesterday, but quickly saw Google Chrome send me to the "blank grey screen" with a message that I could view a cached version since the site wasn't working.

Yeah, I don't plan to use Rocketloader at all. Haven't heard anything positive about it in terms of working with Xenforo.

One thing I was told by my host, however, is that once I enable Cloudflare.. the DNS servers have to propagate so I'm looking at anywhere from 24-48 hours downtime for some users. Is that to be expected? I'd be a bit worried about being down for some users for that time.

I had enabled it briefly yesterday, but quickly saw Google Chrome send me to the "blank grey screen" with a message that I could view a cached version since the site wasn't working.

That's to be expected anytime you modify your nameservers.

Why are you going with Cloudflare?

I'm looking to go with Cloudflare because we're starting to pick up some considerable traffic, and this appears to be a free solution that can help lessen the blow to our server for the time being.

Top Bottom