Cloudflare kill adsense? Some Xenforo's feedback?

Are you using the free cloudflare free version?
Have you rocket loader active?
mod_cloudflare installed on Apache?

Thank you for your feedback Rigel.

Are you using the free cloudflare free version?
Have you rocket loader active?
mod_cloudflare installed on Apache?

Thank you for your feedback Rigel.

I have been using the free version so far, I might migrate to one of the plans once I enable https on my site
I don't have rocket loader active
Neither mod_cloudflare on Apache

I could definitely see rocket loader messing up adsense

You're correct that without mod_cloudflare your visitor IPs would be CloudFlare IPs (on your server), but the requests to adsense aren't proxied by CloudFlare since they're not served from your server. Not to mention Google offers a service similar to CloudFlare (Pagespeed Service). I used CloudFlare and it did not impact my Adsense earnings as far as I could tell, but I switched off of it a few days ago and am now using CloudFront for a CDN.

The only thing that would impact AdSense potentially is Rocket Loader (turn that off if you see an issue).

I actually dealt with the person that wrote that blog post. When we offered to help and tried to get additional details so we could investigate with Google, they responded with something like: "I'm at work and my phone is wet". We never received any tangible proof that it was actually caused by us.

The only thing that would impact AdSense potentially is Rocket Loader (turn that off if you see an issue).

I actually dealt with the person that wrote that blog post. When we offered to help and tried to get additional details so we could investigate with Google, they responded with something like: "I'm at work and my phone is wet". We never received any tangible proof that it was actually caused by us.
FWIW, Webmaster tools did report a severely increased page loading time for Google's crawlers right when I switched to CloudFlare. Opened a ticket about it and after a few replies CF fell silent. Opened up another ticket in case they missed my first one, and again got no reply.

After recently switching away from CloudFlare loading times went back down, though that's probably because the way I've setup the new CDN is better. CloudFlare saved us lots of bandwith and I think is generally a decent and helpful service, and it did not impact Adsense, but customer support was not very helpful (as the tech industry is infamous for).

Why anyone would trust their data to a 'free' service that was funded by the NSA is beyond me. Remember the SOPA protests where many CF users just flipped a switch in their CP and CF automatically blotted out words and placed 'censored' signs on images? Anyone ever wondered why this service is free? For the good of the world? ha

IMHO, this is a massive step towards an Internet kill switch.

Why anyone would trust their data to a 'free' service that was funded by the NSA is beyond me. Remember the SOPA protests where many CF users just flipped a switch in their CP and CF automatically blotted out words and placed 'censored' signs on images? Anyone ever wondered why this service is free? For the good of the world? ha

Take off your tin foil hat, you can leave CloudFlare just as easily as you joined it - just change your domains name servers.

wuts nsa

Ninjas Sippin on Ambrosia?

Yeah, because CloudFlare now owns my dedicated server. :rolleyes:

"Make sure to turn off the jss, css and html minify to keep your ads running."

These don't impact third-party scripts (minify). Rocket Loader is the most likely culprit of any issues you had with ads running.

Top Bottom