XF 2.2 Cloudflare is obsessed with these few urls & indexnow

avalanch

So, it seems that cloudflare keeps sending the same 3 things over & over constantly; being the woff, woff2 files and the css.php file to bing... Is the problem being dynamic content or is it a bug within xenforo causing this?

Screenshot (185).webp

As you're using XenForo 2.2, there is no interaction on our part between Cloudflare / IndexNow.

I assume you're using Cloudflare's crawler hints feature. If you're concerned about repeated calls from your forum to IndexNow via Cloudflare that's really something you would have to consult with either Cloudflare or IndexNow about.

Yeah I don't know either. Very strange. XenForo isn't involved in that process so I'm not sure how to advise. All I know is you'll be able to disable that feature once you upgrade to XenForo 2.3 ;)

Yeah I probably will... because of this. 26 urls in 24 hours, mostly of the same woffs & css.php & out of those it didn't even bother crawling any that were "submitted" via indexnow.

Attachments

• Screenshot (186).webp
    Screenshot (186).webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot (187).webp
    Screenshot (187).webp
    38.2 KB · Views: 5
xenforo indexnow support seems very nice. though it sends post links which are redirect links and are generally blocked through robots file. but i love how it would send a post link if i make a tiny correction in it. (all waste coz bing does not like the content quality on domain so no actual indexing takes place in the end). i disabled CF feature after jumping to 2.3B (not recommended for now).

also just noticed that it is sending profile post links even though they are blocked from guest view. might have to file a bug report for it. or maybe tagging @Chris D would be enough here 😶

Top Bottom