Resource icon

CloudFlare Cache Flush 2014-01-26

No permission to download

Mick West

Mick West submitted a new resource:

CloudFlare Cache Flush - Flush Avatar files from the CloudFlare cache when they are changed.

When a user changes their avatar image, this add-on will request CloudFlare purge the image from their cache.

This fixes problems with users being unable to change their avatar when you use cloudflare. However they may still need to refresh the page as it seems the purging is not instant.

You need to enter your API key, email address, and cloudflare zone (domain) in the options

View attachment 65775

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
1. What exactly doe this Add-on do? How does it work?
Just re-read the first line of the description: When a user changes their avatar image, this add-on will request CloudFlare purge the image from their cache.

2. Why not use the aggressive setting on cloudflare to take full advantage of the timestamp string?

Last edited:
1. What exactly doe this Add-on do? How does it work?

2. Why not use the aggressive setting on cloudflare to take full advantage of the timestamp string?

1) It uses the cloudflare API to flush the cloudflare cache for the user's avatar images when the avatar changes.

2) Because aggressive caching does not appear to work consistently for for me. [Update: it does now]

Last edited:
2) Because aggressive caching does not appear to work consistently for avatars with timestamp. The file is not always served from cache. So I use "Simplified", which ignores the timestamp string, and seems to work much better.

Looked into this a bit more, as it seems like "aggressive" really should work fine. I've been going between "aggressive" and "simplified" and I'm not really seeing a difference. So I'm no longer sure if this is a useful add-on for me. I'm going to experiment further.

[Update: using aggressive caching seems to work fine, so I'm not actually using this add-on. I'll leave it in case it's useful to someone]

Last edited:
Top Bottom